Full Day Queen Charlotte Kayak and Walking Tour from Picton
This adventure combo is without a doubt, one of the best ways to experience the Marlborough Sounds. On your full day kayak and walking tour you will experience some of the iconic activities of the spectacular Queen Charlotte Sound. Spot rays and sea birds while learning about the lush native bush. You will encounter amazing beaches and spectacular views.
We have small group sizes with 1 guide per 8 people kayaking
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- All necessary equipment included
- boat ride back to Picton Waterfront after your walk
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Upon arrival at your departure location on the Picton Waterfront you will receive a detailed safety briefing before setting off on your full day kayak and walking tour.
Your combo begins with a guided sea kayak tour in what is truly some of the best paddling in the Marlborough Sounds in the western arm of Queen Charlotte Sound. Within a short time you are exploring the shoreline, spotting wildlife and sea birds and learning about your surroundings.
Your kayak tour concludes a few hours later at the small settlement of Anakiwa. Here you can don your tramping boots and backpack, get some instructions for the walk ahead and depart on your independent hike of the Queen Charlotte Track from Anakiwa to Mistletoe Bay. This section of the track passes through some of the nicest bush of the entire 70km track. The walk is around 3-4 hours (11km) of a moderate level.
On your walk you can expect to see incredible Views, bush and beautiful beaches.
At the conclusion of the Queen Charlotte Track, you walk down to Mistletoe Bay in time for collection by a water taxi at 4pm to return to Picton. An enjoyable boat ride with fantastic views back towards where you have spent your day.
Departure Point :1 London Quay, Picton 7220, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.If you are a solo traveler, please contact our office for availability
- Please note that we require to know your dietary requirements 24 hours prior to departure.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.