Full-Day Scuba Dive Charter to Hen Island
Experience the dramatic scenery and diving of the Hen and Chicken Islands on this full-day dive charter from Warkworth.
The Islands are common breeding grounds for schools of blue mao mao, sweep, trevally and silver drummer In the summer months, you will occasionally come across Kingfish as you descend these dramatic walls which drop down to boulders and gradually level out exposing cracks where you can find hidden crayfish and large yellow moray eels. There are also large kelp covered boulders that provide refuge for goatfish, red moki and demoiselles.
Book a charter to see the Hen and Chicks for yourself. New Zealand Diving offers a one day charter with 2 dives.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2 x tank dives
- Scuba Gear hire
- tanks & weights
- Boat ride
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from dive centre
- Dive guide (for inexperienced divers with less than 10 logged dives) - paid for locally at NZ$25 per person
- Lunch - Bring your own food and drinks
Hen and Chicken Islands have a general diving depth of up to 25 m / 82 ft and is suitable for all divers. Sail Rock provides greater depths for more experienced divers. The average visibility is 10-20 metres and access to the dive site is by boat.
Your charter includes a 45-minute boat trip out to the islands and 2 separate tank dives. This adventure takes in the wildness of the remote islands, with the possibility of seeing dolphins, sharks and even whales.
The diving here seldom disappoints and provides a list of fish on anyone's wish list. Big shoals of fish, spectacular topography and even crays to catch! Your trip is personal and can be tailored to your needs and experiences.
You must have dived within the last 12 months – contact us if you need a refresher course.
Food and transport not included. We will assist with carpooling arrangements if it's possible.
Departure Point :9/23 Morrison Drive, Warkworth 0910, New Zealand
Departure Time :08:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- NOTE: This dive is for experienced divers who have logged at least 10 dives and have a minimum of open water certification. Inexperienced divers may also book this charter but must pay for a dive guide (paid locally upon arrival).
- Inexperienced divers may also book this dive but will need to pay for a dive guide (paid locally upon arrival at NZ$25 per person).
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive. You must have at least open water certification.
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.