Full Day Ski the Tasman
A unique ski trip for a range of abilities.
Ski the longest runs in NZ up to 10kms long, on NZ's largest glacier.
Small groups for personalized care and safety.
Duration 8 hours
Pickup Hotel pickup available
Voucher Mobile ticket
What's included :
- Lunch - Picnic lunch on the Glacier after your first run
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Return scenic plane flight from Queenstown to Mt Cook Airport
- Ski plane ride to the top of the Glacier
- Pilots commentary & expert guide
What's excluded :
- Ski rental not included but recommended
Leave Queenstown and fly with True South Flights to explore NZ’s largest glacier. Marvel at blue caves and ice formations while you make turns down the 8-10km ski run and be back in Queenstown in time for dinner. A day trip skiing the Tasman glacier is the classic snow adventure guided by our partners, Alpine Guides; Mount Cook’s original and most experienced mountain guiding company.
You will take a 50 minute flight to Mt Cook, along the spectacular Southern Alps from Queenstown in one of our modern and comfortable aircraft with guaranteed window seats for all passengers. One of our friendly and knowledgeable pilots will point out Mt Aspiring, numerous glaciers, glacial lakes and snow-covered mountains on the way. We can accommodate your ski equipment, or we can arrange for hire of specialist equipment in Mt Cook.
On arrival at Mt Cook airport we will introduce you to your ski guide who will brief you before boarding the ski plane for a scenic flight to the top of the glacier, 2,500m above sea level, to start the first of two runs. The 1,000m descent is and easy to moderate (green to blue grade) run and is all on natural snow. The runs are the longest in NZ up to 10kms long.
• Tasman Glacier, New Zealand
Departure Point :Hawthorne Drive, Frankton, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We have free all day parking at our office, you're welcome to drive yourself. Alternatively please provide your central Queenstown accommodation and we'll be in touch to advise your pick up time.Airports
- Frankton Airport, Queenstown New Zealand
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children under 11 not permitted, 11 years+ are subject to minimum ability levels
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 39 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms