Full-Day Small-Group Rotorua Shore Excursion From Tauranga
See, hear, smell, touch and taste on this full-day shore excursion from Tauranga. Experience the unique and special natural beauty of The Bay of Plenty. You will visit some out of the way spots that not everyone knows about and will go where the big buses don't. This tour is not a shuttle and will not drop you off anywhere to explore on your own. It is a fully guided small-group tour with a knowledgeable, fun and friendly tour guide. Along the way you will see and learn about the uniqueness that is New Zealand and you will learn about the geothermal region of Rotorua and its significance to the Maori people. We do not visit the commercial geothermal reserves on this tour, but we do see boiling mud pools, crystal clear bubbling hot springs, volcanic lakes and picturesque forests, just a few of the sights you can expect on this lovely tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Experienced professional guide
- Fully Guided Tour with commentary
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kuirau Park, Ranolf Street and Lake Road, Rotorua New Zealand
This area of Rotorua is literally a hot bed of geothermal activity, with steaming lakes and bubbling mud pools. A visit to the foot bathing area lets you enjoy the warm waters that naturally occur throughout the region. Take a walk through the park to see the steaming lakes and the location of the last eruption here on 2001.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sulphur Point, 1 Queens Drive, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
We make a stop here on the edge of Lake Rotorua to see the effect the geothermal activity has on the lake, right in the heart of Rotorua. A popular spot for many of the native birds that also enjoy the warm waters created by the outflows from the nearby geysers and hot water springs.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Government Gardens, Queens Dr 9 Queens Dr, Rotorua New Zealand
We make a stop in the Government Gardens, location of the Rotorua Bathhouse and Museum, the famous Blue Baths and the naturally occurring Rachel's Spring, source of the geothermal water for the Polynesian Spa. Chance for some great photos and to walk through the extensive flower displays.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :1 The Mall, Mount Maunganui 3116, New ZealandTraveler pickup is offeredThe meeting point for passengers off the cruise ships is on the grass by the flag poll just outside the port pedestrian exit gate on Salisbury Avenue. If you are not travelling on a cruise ship then this is still the meeting point unless you have made an alternative arrangement with us.Ports
- Tauranga New Zealand
Departure Time :09:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Family friendly tour
- Tour departure time may change due to early and/or late ship arrivals and departures
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. We suggest layers with hats and sunscreen
- You must provide your own infant/baby seat if required.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.