Full-Day Small-Group Tour in Palliser Bay with Lunch
Get off the beaten track with this tour to Palliser Bay! Visit Lake Ferry and the fishing village of Ngawi where you can take in the stunning views of this unique coastline. Enjoy visiting the largest fur seal colony in the North Island, where you will be able to experience up-close encounters with the friendly animals. Visit the Cape Palliser lighthouse and also stop in at the charming Martinborough for world class wine-tastings. Relax and enjoy your lunch at the historic Lake Ferry Hotel where you can try their famous ‘Fish and Chips’!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Wine tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hammonds Wellington Tours, 111 Wakefield St, Wellington 3382 New Zealand
After being picked up from your Wellington hotel, relax and enjoy the scenery as you are driven through the city center and into the Lower and Upper Hutt valleys. Your knowledgeable tour guide will share interesting facts about Wellington’s history as you travel..
Stop At: Kaitoke Regional Park, Waterworks Road, SH2 Pakuratahi, Upper Hutt 5372 New Zealand
You’ll also see where the Great River Anduin, and visit Kaitoke Park, the location for Rivendell. See where Frodo’s recovery from the sword attack by the Ringwraiths was staged, and take a walk across the swing bridge to see the pristine river flowing below.
Stop At: Martinborough, New Zealand
As your tour continues through the Rimutaka and Tararua Ranges, your guide will point out local landmarks. Pass through the rural farming towns of Featherston and Martinborough before reaching the tiny settlement of Lake Ferry, where you’ll stop for lunch (included) at a country-style waterfront inn. On your return journey to Wellington, stop at a Martinborough winery for a tasting of New Zealand’s renowned wines. The region produces a range of wine varieties but is especially prized for its pinot noir.
Stop At: Lake Ferry Hotel, 2 Lake Ferry Road, Lake Ferry 5772, New Zealand
Stop for lunch at the historic Lake Ferry Hotel – and perhaps try their famous fish and chips.
Stop At: Cape Palliser Lighthouse, Cape Palliser Rd, Wellington 5772 New Zealand
After lunch, your tour continues to Cape Palliser Bay, where you’ll have an up-close encounter with one of New Zealand’s largest fur seal colonies. If you’re feeling energetic, follow the 250 steps leading up to the Cape Palliser lighthouse for some stupendous coastal views.
Stop At: Ngawi, Ngawi, Greater Wellington, North Island
Visit the Fishing Village of Ngawi.
Departure Point :148 Wakefield Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Wellington Intl Airport, Wellington New Zealand
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.