Full-Day Wine Tour in Waipara From Hanmer Springs with Tasting
You will get an experience like no other. Enjoying wine tastings from our carefully selected range of amazing wineries is just the beginning. Lunch, snacks, photos, and exclusive cellar door discounts are all included. All this plus our superior customer service makes for an unbeatable day out.
per adult from
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - All tastings are included
- Lunch - Amazing individual platter lunch. These can be adapted to cover most dietary requirments
- Snacks - Light snacks are provided throughout the day
- Outdoor games at some wineries
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- Photos of your day
- Exclusive Cellar Door Discounts
- Entry/Admission - Torlesse Wines
- Entry/Admission - Waipara Springs Winery
- Entry/Admission - Terrace Edge Vineyard & Olive Grove
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waipara, Waipara, Canterbury Region, South Island
Waipara is fast becoming one of New Zealand's finest wine regions. Sit back and enjoy the breathtaking drive from Hanmer through to the Waipara Valley which is fast becoming one of New Zealand's greatest wine destinations On this tour we will stop at 3 of these world class vineyards all of which are owned an operated by local families such as Torlesse, Waipara Springs and Terrace Edge
All tastings are included along with a fantastic lunch, snacks, photos, exclusive discounts and much more
A day out you don't want to miss!
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Torlesse Wines, Loff Hagen Drive, Waipara 8270 New Zealand
The Torlesse Cellar door was built and opened in March 2000 but Torlesse has produced wines from 1991 onwards making it one of the older wineries in Waipara. Most grapes are hand harvested and all are batch processed keeping different vineyard components separate for assessment until final blending. Torlesse has purchased a capping machine and was the first winery in Waipara to bottle and use the screw cap closure on our 2001 Waipara Riesling. We have carefully assessed the wines with the screw cap closure against the same wine with cork over an 8 year period and find that screw cap gives consistency and graceful aging for both white and red wines.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Waipara Springs Winery, State Highway 1 North, Waipara New Zealand
Waipara Springs Estate is a family owned business in its 3rd generation. Our wines have been enjoyed both in New Zealand and internationally since the winery opened in 1989.
The vineyard of 26 hectares is planted with Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Gewurztraminer and Pinot Noir.
The soil type at Waipara Springs is ideally suited to quality grape production having high levels of limestone from the surrounding foothills, which results in high levels of PH in the soil.
Waipara Springs Vineyard has a terroir that renders wines totally unique. Derived from a prehistoric lakebed at the centre of the Waipara Valley floor, the vineyard soils are a rich blend of clay and limestone.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Terrace Edge Vineyard & Olive Grove, Waipara Valley 328 Georges Road RD 2 Waipara Valley, Waipara 7482 New Zealand
The North Canterbury property was originally a sheep farm, the Chapman family began their land conversion by planting 2000 Olive trees on the lower terrace. With no previous experience, the development of the business was taken on with a real trial and error approach - after discovering that the trees were being regularly frosted, the Grove had to be completely replanted in a more suitable location.
Despite the many difficult learning curves, Pete, the youngest of Bruce and Jill Chapman's three sons still believes, "there's a beauty in not knowing how hard things will be sometimes." Pete went on to study Viticulture at Lincoln University, and now manages the day to day operations in the vineyard, as well as bit of sales and marketing whenever time allows.
The development of Terrace Edge is not unlike the growing of great wine, it requires a real hands-on approach. The whole family is involved with each aspect of the business
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up times may vary depending on number of customers
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/28/2021 - 12/15/2022
Monday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Thursday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Friday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Sunday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Wine Tasters must be over 18
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- New Zealand's strict Covid19 guidelines followed at all times
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.