Golden Bay Wharariki Beach Farewell Spit
Highlights on this trip are:
Driving through Tasman with its fertile soil, passing apple pear and kiwi orchards, vineyards, hop plants for beer.
A scenic drive to Golden Bay via Takaka Hill with stunning views of Abel Tasman Park and Kahurangi National Park.
Wharariki Beach: An easy walk along the most spectacular coastline in the region, passing through farmland and forest.
Te Waikoropupu Springs: The largest cold water springs in the Southern Hemisphere, a sacred Maori Place.
Farewell Spit: New Zealand longest Sandspit on the far southern end of Golden Bay.
Takaka: A very attractive alternative lifestyler village with lovely cafes and shops.
If you are interested to get some guiding in German, please inquire if our German and English speaking guide is available
per adult from
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Local guide
- Hotel drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Te Waikoropupu Springs (Pupu Springs)
- Entry/Admission - Wharariki Beach Walking Track
- Entry/Admission - Farewell Spit and Puponga Farm Park Tracks
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Te Waikoropupu Springs (Pupu Springs), Pupu Springs Rd, 7183 New Zealand
A sacred maori Place and biggest sring in the Southern Hemisphere with some ofthe clearest water in the world.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Wharariki Beach Walking Track, Wharariki Road Near Farewell Spit/Cape Farewell, Puponga 7073 New Zealand
A very special beach on the far Northern end of Golden Bay.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Farewell Spit and Puponga Farm Park Tracks, Freeman Access Road Wharariki Road, Nelson New Zealand
Travellers will see Farewell Spit from Farewell Spit Cafe
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Whakatū / Nelson Visitor Centre, 77 Trafalgar Street, Nelson 7010, New Zealand
2: Motueka i-SITE - Visit Abel Tasman, 20 Wallace Street, Motueka 7120, New Zealand
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Tasman Tours