Gourmet Food and Wine Tour From Queenstown with Lunch Included
An indulgent and varied full-day tour seeing local sights, enjoying fresh cuisine and tasting a selection of fine wines, cheeses and handcrafted chocolates. Taste wines at four premium vineyards over three Central Otago wine regions.
Included is a tour through the Gibbston Valley underground wine cave, a splendid cheese and wine presentation and a divine local cuisine lunch consisting of 5 dishes cooked in retired Pinot Noir barrels and perfectly matched with wines.
Visit the historic precinct of Old Cromwell (weather permitting) and return to Queenstown via the must-see Arrowtown with time to explore the Chinese Village and picturesque main street.
To ensure an intimate experience with other wine lovers, numbers are limited to 12 people on tour.
What's included :
- Lunch - An exquisite lunch consisting of 5 dishes cooked in retired oak barrels and matched with wines.
- Wine tastings at 4 vineyards over 3 contrasting wine sub-regions
- Knowledgeable Wine Guide with fascinating commentary
- Transport by luxury vehicle
- Courtesy hotel pickup and drop-off (write to us if yours is not listed).
- Snacks - Enjoy a lovely cheese platter at one of the vineyards, and take home artisan chocolates.
- Entry/Admission - Gibbston Valley Winery
- Entry/Admission - The Stoaker Room
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks or wine purchases (available to purchase)
Pass By: Lake Hayes, Lake Hayes, Queenstown, Otago Region, South Island
Take in the incredible views of Lake Hayes on a good day.
Pass By: Kawarau Suspension Bridge, Kawarau Bridge, Gibbston New Zealand
View the historic Kawarau Suspension Bridge and home of the AJ Hackett Bungy
Pass By: AJ Hackett Kawarau Bungy Centre, Gibbston Valley, Queenstown 9384, New Zealand
You might get to see people throwing themselves off the bridge on the way past!
Stop At: Bannockburn, Bannockburn, Cromwell, Central Otago, Otago Region, South Island
Bannockburn is the second wine sub-region we visit and we will stop into one of the many vineyards here for a tasting.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gibbston Valley Winery, 1820 State Highway 6, Queenstown 9371 New Zealand
Take a guided tour through New Zealand's largest wine cave.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: The Stoaker Room, 180 State Highway 8B, Cromwell 9310, New Zealand
Enjoy an unforgettable wine and food matching experience. Utilising retired French Oak Pinot Noir wine barrels, Wild Earth steams, bakes, grills and smokes their delicious array of regional food, which is then matched with Wild Earth wines.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cromwell Heritage Precinct, Melmore Terrace, Cromwell 9310 New Zealand
Optional visit to historic Cromwell town (time & weather permitting)
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Gibbston, Gibbston, Otago Region, South Island
We head back into the Gibbston region for a tasting and cheese pairing.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Cromwell, Cromwell, Central Otago, Otago Region, South Island
Cromwell is the third wine sub-region we visit on this tour. We will stop into one of the many vineyards here for a tasting.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Arrowtown Chinese Settlement, Buckingham Street, Arrowtown New Zealand
Our final stop for the day is in historic Arrowtown. Check out the Chinese Settlement or take a wander down the main street.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not on the drop-down menu, simply mention this in the notes and we will get back to you with the exact pick-up time. Please be ready and waiting in reception or outside 5 minutes prior to your pick-up time.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Age: Minimum 6
- Child seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people is required for the tour to run
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- As of October 2019 this tour will be 6 hours (9:30-3:30pm) with all the same inclusions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands