Great Barrier Island Dive Charter - Full day
Enter the crystal clear waters surrounding Great Barrier Island, one of New Zealand's best kept subterranean secrets. Hidden in the spectacular Hauraki Gulf between Auckland and the Coromandel Peninsular, the spectacular undersea gullies and canyons are home to some of the world’s most spectacular fauna and flora.
Expect to see many and varied types of crustaceans including the massive packhorse crayfish which can grow up to nearly a metre in length. Numerous fish of all sizes swim and meander among the gracefully swaying plant life.
On your boat journey, you may encounter sharks or dolphins, as a variety of shark species pass through and inhabit these beautiful sparkling waters. Marine mammals including whales and dolphins are often visitors to the rich and picturesque waters surrounding Great Barrier Island and its neighbouring brothers and cousins.
NOTE: This charter is for experienced divers who have logged at least 10 dives and have a minimum of open water certification.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of SCUBA equipment
What's excluded :
New Zealand Diving offers a one day charter to Great Barrier Island, which includes a 55 minute boat ride and two separate tank dives. There are a huge range of dive sites making it an ideal destination for both scuba divers and spearfishing alike.
Great Barrier Island has some of the best diving in the Hauraki Gulf, some would say amongst the top in the world with excellent visibility and abundant sea life.
Departure Point :9/23 Morrison Drive, Warkworth 0910, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.