Guided Snorkel Experience, Advanced
As you gain confidence in the water, you might want to start to pushing your limits and seeing what more you can achieve. With this in mind, it is important to expand your knowledge and understanding to keep safe in the water.
Pressure under the water increases as we descend so it is important to learn how to balance this pressure.
Holding your Breath
Increasing your breath-hold time takes practice - you don't have to be in the water to train!
Clearing your Snorkel
There are a few different ways of clearing a snorkel, once you crack the technique you'll be much more comfortable.
per adult from
1 day 1 hour
What's included :
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
What's excluded :
Snorkeling Goat Island is one of the top 10 things to do in Auckland.
Advance your snorkeling skills and learn how to duck dive under the surface, equalize your ears and clear your snorkel. You will be part of a natural aquarium, myriads of fish and marine life.
You will meet at our Goat Island Dive and Snorkel Center. Here our friendly staff will fit you out in your equipment which is provided: mask, snorkel, fins, a wet suit and weight belt.
You will then drive in your own vehicle 3km to the Goat Island Marine Reserve. Here you will meet with your Instructor.
The experience starts with tips advanced snorkel techniques, and proper freediving breathing practice. We share the history of Goat Island and introduce you to the marine life you are likely to meet at New Zealand's first marine reserve. After your full and thorough safety briefing, we'll head down to the water and begin the tour! Along the way we will stop and put our new techniques into practice, getting you comfortable underwater and hopefully extending the length of your freedivers.
After the tour you will be able to use the equipment for the remainder of the day, so you can keep practising and enjoying the reserve.
• Goat Island Marine Reserve, Goat Island Road Leigh, Warkworth, Auckland New Zealand
Departure Point :142A Pakiri Road, Leigh 0985, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.