Half Day Dolphin & Wildlife Cruise - Tauranga
Your Half Day Dolphin & Wildlife Cruise begins as you’re welcomed aboard the Bay Explorer at Tauranga waterfront jetty. You will explore the Bay of Plenty coastline where we will showcase the amazing diversity of marine wildlife including dolphins swimming along side our vessel. Watch seasonal seabirds, penguins, seals, whales, sunfish, school fish, sharks, orca...even turtles!
Our dolphin & wildlife cruise is tailored to those wanting a genuine kiwi experience in nature. It’s a story about our human intrigue with amazing marine animals and their habitat. Participate by searching on the large top deck for that once in a lifetime wildlife encounter. We have limited our passenger numbers for comfort and to enable a more personal experience. Our large spacious boat is also ideal for families.
The Captain and experienced crew lust to share their marine knowledge with you. Don’t forget your camera as we are able to get up close to wildlife, making it a photographer’s dream.
What's included :
- A half day cruise on our spacious 18 metre vessel with 360° outdoor views.
- Comfortable fully enclosed seating downstairs and a large open sun-deck for wildlife watching.
- Some of the best marine diversity in New Zealand.
- Close-up encounters-penguins, seals, dolphins, whales, sunfish, seabirds, sharks, turtles and orca.
- Onboard commentary and references with facts on the Bay and local marine wildlife.
- Our friendly, professional Bay Explorer Crew
- Photos of a lifetime!
What's excluded :
- Pick Up & Return Transfer (Optional)
- Lunch Box (Optional)
- Cold beer and chilled regional wines from our licenced bar and non-alcoholic beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Port of Tauranga Ltd, 2 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
We cruise by the Port of Tauranga
Pass By: Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
We cruise past the famous Mountain (Mount Maunganui) where you will get a nice view of the walking track and the summit.
Pass By: Mount Maunganui Base Track, Adams Ave, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116 New Zealand
You will see the popular Mount Maunganui walking track where many locals walk daily, we pass by while cruising out of the harbour
Pass By: Mount Maunganui Summit Track, Adams Ave, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116 New Zealand
We cruise past one of the best beaches in New Zealand with white sand and beautiful Pohutukawa trees above when in season. You'll want to get your cameras out for this view of Mount Maunganui!
Pass By: Mt Maunganui Main Beach, Marine Parade, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga New Zealand
We will cruise next to some views of the popular Mount Maunganui beach with beautiful white sand and waves for swimming and surfing.
Pass By: Moturiki Island, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga New Zealand
We cruise past this island as we leave the harbour entrance
Pass By: Mayor Island, Tauranga New Zealand
During your cruise you will be able to see these beautiful islands from the boat. We do not stop at these islands but you can view them from our boat while we cruise past.
Departure Point :120 The Strand, Tauranga 3110, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children MUST Be Accompanied By An Adult
- Minimum Drinking Age 18+ Years
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.