Hanmer Springs Canoe Adventure
Take a leisurely canoe journey down the Waiau River in Hanmer Springs. You'll paddle down gentle Grade II rapids in an inflatable yet durable vessel. This 6-hour experience offers a guided tour suitable for all skill levels. Stop by the riverbank for a picnic lunch and ride a high-powered jet boat back to base.
per adult from
What's included :
- Wetsuit, booties, helmet, and life jacket
- Professional guide
- Picnic lunch
- Return transfer by jet boat
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your guide at the base near the Waiau Ferry Bridge in Hanmer Springs. After you put on your wetsuit, booties, helmet, and life jacket and receive a safety briefing, it's time to hop into your inflatable canoe and get on the water. The tour is suitable for people of all ages, but children must be able to fit the safety gear to participate.
Venture out in the morning and explore the clear mountain river that winds through the scenic Waiau Gorge. This 6-hour guided river excursion is ideal for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, or a group adventure among friends. Grade II rapids are perfect for novices or those wanting a more relaxing experience.
Throughout the trip, you'll receive instruction on paddling techniques and hear commentary about the river's natural history while you marvel at features such as twisted rock, swimming holes, and pink marble. Enjoy a riverside picnic lunch and return to your starting point by jet boat.
Departure Point :Waiau Ferry Bridge in Hanmer Springs
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Bring swimwear, towel and sunscreen
- The Waiau River is classified as Grade II; no experience is necessary
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 3 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.