Hells Gate Excite Experience & Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland Experience
Experience a land where myth and legend come to life, where the earth boils, mud heals, and steam disappears into the clouds above. More than just a place of myth and legend, this land has the power to heal and excite anyone who meets it, just as it’s done for centuries. Come and discover New Zealand’s most unique geothermal experience. Your body and soul will feel revitalised after this soothing experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Admission to Lady Knox Geyser
- Admission to 2 Hours Self-Guided Experience at the Wai-o-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Admission to 3 Hours Guided experience at the Hells Gate Geothermal Park
- Admission to Hells Gate Excite Experience
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Hell's Gate Excite Experience including geothermal walk which takes 1.5 hours, and Māori carving.
- Bathe in world-famous mud baths and soak in the sulphur spas and cool plunge pool
- Entry/Admission - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Entry/Admission - Hell's Gate
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Experience a land where myth and legend come to life, where the earth boils, mud heals, and steam disappears into the clouds above. An area in which the landscape has been sculptured by geothermal activity and where unique volcanic features can be viewed from well-defined tracks. More than just a place of myth and legend, this land has the power to heal and excite anyone who meets it, just as it’s done for centuries. Come and discover New Zealand’s most unique geothermal experience. Experience this land like our ancestors have done for centuries. Discover its beauty, its healing properties and its awe-inspiring power.
Thermal Wonderland is a series of brightly coloured geothermal pools, stinky sulphur mud baths and explosive geysers, directly in the middle of this volcanic zone. Our first destination is Wai-O-Tapu - Thousands of Years in the Making... "One of the 20 Most Surreal Places in the World"
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Hell's Gate, 351 State Highway 30, Tikitere 3010 New Zealand
Come along and you’ll soon discover why Hell’s Gate is New Zealand’s most unique and active geothermal reserve and mud spa.
Enjoy this thermal wonder land with our interactive guided or self-guided tour before relaxing in the geothermal mud and sulphur waters. Get down and dirty in a mud bath or unwind in a Sulphur spa overlooking a spectacular geothermal landscape, before cooling off in a beautiful spring-fed waterfall and plunge pool. Featuring hot-water lakes, New Zealand’s largest mud volcano and the largest hot water waterfall in the Southern Hemisphere, the Hells Gate Valley is the place to be for an indulgent experience that is almost sinful. With the only geothermal mud baths in New Zealand, the Hell’s Gate Spa is a highly therapeutic experience. You can slather yourself in the warm geothermal mud before jumping in the sulphur pool – with minerals that help to clear and detoxify.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, walking shoes, sun protection, jacket/warm layer, bring a camera & any essential personal items.
- Sulphur will tarnish jewellery, particularly silver. Please remove all jewellery before entering the pools as Hell’s Gate accepts no responsibility for tarnished jewellery. As skin pores will still exude sulphur for up to 24 hours after the experience, jewellery may slightly tarnish. If this occurs, remove the jewellery and clean with toothpaste in order to remove the tarnishing. Please note this is done at your own risk.
- All infants must wear bathing suits or disposable nappies whilst bathing.
- For the bathing experience, guests can choose to bring their own bathing attire and towels or hire these items from Hell’s Gate at a small cost.
- The mud bath experience is controlled to a maximum of 20 minutes on the basis of safety.
- Hell’s Gate have swimwear for both Males and Females for sale, subject to availability.
- The mud baths are suitable for children over the age of 2.5 years, whereas the Sulphur spas are suitable for children over the age of 6 months.
- If the guest has had or is suffering from any of the following medical conditions, we strongly advise that they seek advice from their doctor prior to using the geothermal pools. The list of medical conditions below is not an exhausted list but serves to highlight some of the main medical conditions where the geothermal pools may not be advised: Pregnancy, Low or High Blood Pressure, Mobility Problems, Active or Under Active Thyroid, Verruca/ Warts, Heart Conditions, Epilepsy, Skin diseases/disorders, Diabetes, Metal Pins/ Plates, Claustrophobia, Ear Infections, Cancer, Recent Surgery, or Sulphur Allergies
- Lengthy immersion in the hot pools may cause dehydration and fainting. Please remain hydrated at all time by drinking the water available in the spa facilities and inform staff immediately if any discomfort is felt. When exiting the pool, take care and use the handrails provided
- Both children and adults need to be comfortable with the heat, and Hell’s Gate recommends taking regular breaks to ensure overheating does not occur
- Guests are advised to shower before entering the pools in order to remove any makeup, sunscreen or other products applied to the skin as we cannot confirm what is in each product and therefore if a reaction with the Sulphur will occur.
- It is important that children (as well as adults) drink water while bathing in order to keep hydrated.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.