Hobbiton Movie Set and Rotorua Day Tour from Auckland
You will be first on the Hobbiton Movie Set tour! This means you will have the opportunity for uninterrupted photos without crowds of people! Leave Auckland early to beat the crowds and the rush hour traffic.
You'll get the chance to see Hobbit holes, the Mill, the Green Dragon Inn and many other structures created for the films, learn how it was created.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry into Hobbiton
- Hobbiton movie set tour (if selected - 2 hour tour)
- Pickup from centrally located meeting point
- Complimentary Hobbit Southfarthing beverage to conclude your own Middle-earth adventure.
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Enjoy a 2 Hour Movie Tour Guided Tour
Hobbiton in Matamata has become a must-see destination since the release of the blockbuster Lord of the Rings film trilogy, directed by New Zealander Sir Peter Jackson. Several areas in New Zealand were transformed into sets for The Lord Of The Rings movies. The Shire was one of the most famous. On this Day Tour, you will visit the Hobbiton Movie Set and experience where the magic was made!
Step into the fantastical movie set that framed the ‘Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit’ Academy Award-winning movies. See the Hobbit holes of Bilbo and Frodo and have a drink at the Green Dragon Inn. Whether you’re a LOTR devotee or just have general interest this is a New Zealand must do.
Tours includes hotel pick-ups, driver commentary and guidance and entry in to Hobbiton return to Auckland.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Rotorua, Rotorua, Rotorua District, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
Enjoy some time in Rotorua then a 90 minute Rotorua City Sights SnapshOt tour.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: 280 Queen Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
2: 6 Hopetoun Street, Freemans Bay, Auckland 1011, New Zealand
3: 20 Pitt Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
4: 69 Beach Road, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
5: 280 Queen Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
6: 380 Queen Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
7: Auckland 1010, New Zealand
8: Leyton Way, Manukau City Centre, Auckland 2104, New Zealand
9: Bombay Hills, Waikato 2472, New Zealand
10: 520 Queen Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
11: 63 Karangahape Road, Grafton, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
12: Huntly, New Zealand
13: 370 Anglesea St (opp Transport Centre), Hamilton Central, Hamilton 3204, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Our main pick up is at 7:00am at the bus stop at 280 Queen Street outside the JB HiFi shop. If you want to change to one of the pick ups below ( mostly Bus Stops ) please call or email the local supplier with your Viator voucher ready so this can be arranged. Please be ready 10 minutes before departure time.6:03 am 6 Hopetoun Street (Verandah Backpackers)6:05 am 373 Karangahape Road (Haka Lodge).6:07 am Corner Pitt and Vincent Street (YMCA)6:09 am 69 Beach Street (Omega Rentals)6:10 am 80 Queens Street (BNZ)6:15 am 280 Queen Street (JB Hi Fi)6:16 am 380 Queen Street (Scenic Hotel)6:17 am 490 Queen Street6:18 am 520 Queen Street (Kiwi International)6:20 am 63 Karangahape Road (Bus Stop)6:40 am Manukau City - Leyton Way opposite the Mall6:55 am Bombay Hills - Caltex Service Station7:25 am Huntly - Main Bus Stop7:55 am Hamilton Central Bus Stop, 340 Anglesea Street
Departure Time :6:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Requires a minimum of 2 passengers to run - May be cancelled if group not 2 people.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.