Hobbiton Movie Set Banquet Tour
Experience life as a Hobbit like never before! Join Hobbiton Movie Set at dusk with a guided tour of the Shire and a banquet feast fit for a Hobbit served inside the famous Green Dragon. Eat like a king (Hobbit) before a gentle lantern-lit walk through the Shire with Hobbiton lit up. Immerse yourself in the sights, smells, sounds and tastes of the Shire as featured in the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit trilogies.
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to 4 hour fully guided experience at Hobbiton movie set
- Complimentary Hobbiton beverages at Green Dragon Inn
- A two course banquet feast served inside The Green Dragon Inn fit for a Hobbit
- Visit the Hobbiton Movie Set on a small group tour from Auckland
- Remarkable 360-degree views of the rolling Kaimai Range
- Chance to step into a real The Lord of the Rings film set
- See where major scenes were filmed and discover behind-the-scene secrets
- Enjoy Your first Hobbit Southfarthing beverage upon arrival in The Green Dragon Inn
- A two course banquet feast served inside The Green Dragon Inn
- A lantern-lit walk through the movie set under moonlight
- Amazing photo opportunities in front of every hobbit holes
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- Additional drinks available to purchase throughout the night
- Children car seat $50
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Experience the Hobbiton Movie Set at dusk with a guided tour across the twelve acres of the Shire. As you tour Hobbit Holes, The Green Dragon Inn, The Mill, the double arched bridge and other structures and gardens built for the films, your guide will recount with you fascinating details of how the movie set was created.
The last stop on the tour is The Green Dragon Inn where you have ample time to relax in front of the open fires enjoying a complimentary beverage from the exclusive Hobbit Southfarthing range. Then, move through to the Green Dragon dining room and be treated to banquet feast fit for a Hobbit. As is the tradition in the Shire, second helpings are more definitely encouraged.
After dinner, take your authentic handheld lantern to light the way back along the pathways of the Shire. This stunning journey under moonlight will take you through the village as it is breathtakingly lit up with Hobbit hole chimney's smoking and lanterns glowing against the darkness.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children below 8 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours’ notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- COVID-19 precautions -Safety measures in place. All areas that exposed to customers are frequently cleaned & sanitised.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions; umbrellas are provided in the event of rain.
- There is uneven terrain on the set; approximately 75% is wheelchair accessible.
- We are able to accommodate a stroller or a pram, provided it is fully collapsible and can fit in the luggage compartment of our buses.
- The only way to access the Hobbiton Movie Set is with a guided tour.
- Please note this experience is extremely popular and may require you to book 4-6 weeks in advance during peak season.
- Evening Banquet Tours depart four times per week on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings all year round, with additional departures subject to demand over summer. Numbers are limited, so pre-booking is essential.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, Sun protection, jacket/warm layer, & any essential personal items
- Easy and good fitness level required
- This is a guided walking tour and sensible walking footwear is recommended
- Bring a camera or a phone with camera capability as Hobbiton is the perfect place to get some great travel photos.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- Special dietary requirements catered for upon request, please advise at the time of booking. Preferences and requests cannot be guaranteed. Special requests are subject to availability
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides