Sorry, this activity is no longer available.
Hobbiton Movie Set Small Group Tour from Auckland
One day tour from Auckland return, to the world-famous and magical Lord of The Rings Hobbiton Movie Set in the heart of Middle Earth.
On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our modern comfortable mini-bus and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside (the most extensive farming area in the world) on a fully guided journey to Hobbiton. During the trip south, encounter stunning scenery, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and see several different farm animals along the way.
After the drive you will arrive at the Alexander family sheep farm and Shire's Rest (the entrance to Hobbiton) where you can see thousands of sheep, grab a bite to eat, get your coffee fix or enjoy an ice cream while we collect your tickets to the movie set.
Next, we board one of the big green Hobbiton buses to depart on a two hour fully guided tour of this amazing 12 acre movie set with a professional Hobbiton guide to ensure you get the most out of your visit. During your tour step into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens, hear the secrets and stories about the making of the movies and enjoy a cold beverage at the famous Hobbiton pub The Green Dragon Inn.
After the tour you will be guided back through the Alexander Family Sheep Farm for another stop at Shire's Rest for a spot of souvenir shopping and maybe a bite to eat before we begin our journey back to Auckland.
- Fully guided small group return tour from Auckland
- Hotel pick ups and drop offs (specific central Auckland hotels only)
- Entry and fully guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
- Alexander Family Sheep Farm & Shire's Rest
- Complimentary beverage at the famous Green Dragon Inn
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving
- On screen entertainment during the drive
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Wifi and charging ports available in vehicle
- Transport in modern comfortable mini buses
- Day 1 : Hobbiton Movie Set Small Group Tour from Auckland (Return Trip)Fully guided small group tour from Auckland including official 2 hour Hobbiton Movie Set guided tour, Shires Rest, Alexander Family Sheep Farm, complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn, Hauraki Plains rural farming scenery and secret stops and wildlife viewings along the way. Refreshments and snacks provided in the tour vehicle. Tour duration: 8 hours, departs Auckland 6 am or 10 am daily during Winter, and 10 am daily during Summer.Meals :None
Hotel Pick Up Points & Times:
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only, starting up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).
Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.
Sofitel Hotel Auckland.
Group 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.
Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, SO/ Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, Waldorf Bankside Apartments, Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, Waldorf Stadium Apartments.
Group 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.
AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, Base Backpackers, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland, Ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.
Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.
Crowne Plaza Auckland, Scenic Hotel Auckland, Skycity hotel, Skycity Grand Hotel.
Group 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.
Auckland City Hotel, Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Kiwi International Hotel, Waldorf St Martins Aparthotel, YHA Auckland City, VR Hotel.
Passengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.
Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 15-20 minutes after the tour start time.
$10.00 NZD per person for on board Mobile WiFi
$50.00 Car Seat (Safety Seat for Children 0-6 years old) please reserve at the time of booking (24 hrs notice required).