Hobbiton Movie Set Tour & Hamilton Garden Experience
Grab a great value Hobbiton Movie Set day tour, the award-winning attraction made famous by the popular Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies where you'll see the intricately created 'Hobbit holes' the Green Dragon Inn, the Party Tree and so much more cinematic magic! Along with an open-air museum of the history of gardens, where you can travel through time and see how gardens have grown (literally) and evolved around the world.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to 2 hour fully guided experience at Hobbiton movie set
- Complimentary Hobbiton beverages - Ale, cider, ginger beer or an English dark room temperature beer
- Listen to fascinating stories from your guide as you explore the 12-acre set
- Remarkable 360-degree views of the rolling Kaimai Range
- Chance to step into a real The Lord of the Rings film set
- Amazing photo opportunities in front of every hobbit hole
- Admission to themed Hamilton garden & river cruise
- Explore the multi award winning Hamilton Gardens
- Discover the inside story and hidden meanings in each garden
- Cruise along the Waikato River to enjoy a floating café in tranquillity
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Entry/Admission - Hamilton Gardens
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Experience the real Middle-earth with a visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set, featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films. Travel in style from Auckland to Hobbiton Movie Set - set on rolling farmland, this is the world famous movie set where you'll see the intricately created 'Hobbit holes' the Green Dragon Inn, the Party Tree and so much more cinematic magic! Immerse yourself in the sights, smells, sounds and tastes of the Shire as featured in the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit trilogies. Walk into the real-world landscape of Middle Earth on a walking tour of the Hobbiton™ Movie Set, where you get a behind-the-scenes look at ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit.’ Pause at the Green Dragon™ Inn to for a draft of Hobbit™ Southfarthing™, see the remarkable detailing that brought Hobbiton™ to life on screen, and visit the places where key scenes were created. Take a look at Bag End, where Frodo and Bilbo’s adventures began.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hamilton Gardens, Hungerford Crescent Cobham Drive, Hamilton 3216 New Zealand
The Hamilton Gardens is located alongside an attractive stretch of the Waikato River, merging old landscape features with creative development and design. An award-winning public garden and the Waikato’s most popular visitor attraction. Hamilton Gardens is the most visited tourist attraction in Waikato. It tells the Story of Gardens through themed gardens.
The Paradise Garden Collection includes gardens that represent China, England, Japan, America, Italy and India. Each garden is highly individual with a totally different design philosophy. Highlights include the Indian Char Bagh Garden, Italian Renaissance Garden, Chinese Scholars’ Garden and more. Experience the beauty and tranquil water of the Waikato River on the floating Cafe runs from Hamilton Gardens with the best views in the Waikato and enjoy a relaxing cruise on New Zealand's longest waterway flowing through Hamilton, New Zealand's largest inland city.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, Sun protection, jacket/warm layer, & any essential personal items.
- Easy and good fitness level required.
- This is a guided walking tour and sensible walking footwear is recommended.
- Bring a camera or a phone with camera capability as Hobbiton is the perfect place to get some great travel photos.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.