Hobbiton Movie Set Tour & Rotorua Living Māori Village Experience
Walk into the real-world landscape of Middle Earth on a walking tour of the Hobbiton™ Movie Set, where you get a behind-the-scenes look at ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit, the Green Dragon Inn, the Party Tree and so much more cinematic magic! Continue visiting the mighty Whakarewarewa Valley, for a truly culture rich experience, the home to a living Māori village and the New Zealand Māori Arts and Crafts Institute. Set amongst a highly active landscape erupting with geothermal activity where you can experience bubbling mud pools and the 30m-tall Pohutu Geyser, which erupts many times daily..
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to 2 hour fully guided experience at Hobbiton movie set
- Complimentary Hobbiton beverages -Ale, cider, ginger beer or an English dark room temperature beer
- Admission to Whakarewarewa Maori Living Village with cultural show
- Join the official guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set
- Listen to fascinating stories from your guide as you explore the 12-acre set
- Remarkable 360-degree views of the rolling Kaimai Range
- Chance to step into a real The Lord of the Rings film set
- See where major scenes were filmed and discover behind-the-scene secrets
- Opportunity to have a drink at the cosy Green Dragon Inn
- Amazing photo opportunities in front of every hobbit holes
- Learn how the film magic was made from a local guide
- Discover the biggest active geyser in the Southern Hemisphere-Pōhutu Geyser
- Explore the walking track to see beautiful lakes, boiling mud-pools, steam vents & bubbling pools
- Be entertained by the cultural performance group by way of song and dance
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Entry/Admission - Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Once we arrive, you spend 30-45 mins shopping in the official Hobbiton Gift Shop and grabbing a drink or a bite in the famous Shire’s Rest Cafe. Your guided tour starts on a Hobbiton tour bus with a drive through New Zealand's picturesque 1,250 acre sheep farm with spectacular views across to the Kaimai Ranges. Take a look at Bag End, where Frodo and Bilbo’s adventures began. Get lost among the hobbit holes and visit the Green Dragon Inn, the mill and the Party Tree. Listen to spell-binding tales of how Hobbiton came to be.
After you finish your amazing Hobbit tour we make our way through the scenic roads into geothermal valley of Rotorua for your next experience at the living Maori village!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village, 17 Tryon Street Whakarewarewa Village, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
Explore an authentic living Māori village where people live on a daily basis, using natural geothermal resources to cook, bathe and heat their homes as they have for centuries. Discover the vibrancy of Māori culture and the fascinating traditions of the Tūhourangi Ngāti Wāhiao people, who shaped tourism in New Zealand. View the geothermal wonders of Whakarewarewa Geothermal Valley up close, including the world-famous Pōhutu geyser, boiling mud-pools, steam vents and bubbling pools. Enjoy a traditional cooking demonstration – watch our residents prepare Hāngi meals in our in-ground steam boxes, and cook corn in the bubbling water of our geothermal hot pools – as they have for generations. Learn what it’s like to live in the challenging environment of the Whakarewarewa Valley, where daily life includes cooking in the bubbling pools and steam vents, and bathing in the refreshing therapeutic waters.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Moderate level of fitness is required and comfortable shoes with a good grip.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, walking shoes, Sun protection, jacket/warm layer, and bring a camera & any essential personal items.
- This is a guided walking tour and sensible walking footwear is recommended.
- You must be able to climb and descend stairs and walk on unpaved or uneven terrain.
- Bring a camera or a phone with camera capability as Hobbiton is the perfect place to get some great travel photos.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons