Hobbiton Movie Set Tour & Te Puia Geothermal Valley Experience
Experience the magic of great value Hobbiton Movie Set day tour, the award-winning attraction made famous by the popular Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies where you'll see the intricately created 'Hobbit holes' the Green Dragon Inn, the Party Tree and so much more cinematic magic! Immerse yourself in the sights, smells, sounds and tastes of the Shire as featured in the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit trilogies. Along with a day pass to explore the geothermal and Maori cultural wonders of Te Puia geothermal valley all in one day. Visit New Zealand’s native kiwi birds, and learn about Māori history & culture. This unforgettable combination tour takes you to top two tourist attractions on the North Island.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to 2 hour fully guided experience at Hobbiton Movie Set
- Chance to step into a real The Lord of the Rings film set
- Remarkable 360-degree views of the rolling Kaimai Range
- Free beer or ginger beer or cider in Green Dragon Inn
- Amazing photo opportunities at the colourful Hobbiton village
- Learn how the film magic was made from a local guide
- Admission to full day pass at Te Puia geothermal valley
- Discover fascinating geothermal activity in the Te Whakarewarewa Valley
- Chance to see the towering water jets of Pōhutu Geyser
- Spot the iconic New Zealand kiwi bird at the nocturnal house
- Up-close look at the valley's immense bubbling mud pools
- New culinary experience with a traditional cooking session
- Insights into Māori heritage & historical uses of the land
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Experience the real Middle-earth with a visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set, featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films. Travel in style from Auckland to Hobbiton Movie Set - set on rolling farmland, this is the world famous movie set where you'll see the intricately created 'Hobbit holes' the Green Dragon Inn, the Party Tree and so much more cinematic magic! Immerse yourself in the sights, smells, sounds and tastes of the Shire as featured in the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit trilogies. Walk into the real-world landscape of Middle Earth on a walking tour of the Hobbiton™ Movie Set, where you get a behind-the-scenes look at ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit.’ Pause at the Green Dragon™ Inn to for a draft of Hobbit™ Southfarthing™, see the remarkable detailing that brought Hobbiton™ to life on screen, and visit the places where key scenes were created. Take a look at Bag End, where Frodo and Bilbo’s adventures began.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
Te Puia is a must-do activity in Rotorua, and a day tour of Te Puia is the best way to experience this top visitor attraction in New Zealand. There are few places in the world where geothermal phenomena such as geysers and mud pools are as extensive and accessible as in Rotorua. Situated five minutes from central Rotorua, Te Puia is an iconic destination for visitors featuring the world famous Pohutu Geyser, Māori cultural performances, live Kiwi, boiling mud pools, native bush and the National Schools of Wood Carving and Weaving. Explore Te Puia’s unique Whakarewarewa geothermal valley home to the world famous Pohutu Geyser, which erupts up to twenty times a day, and up to thirty metres high into the air. Explore the boiling mud pools and the boiling waters which are still used to cook in.Te Puia is an iconic New Zealand destination for visitors. Our tradition of guiding in the Whakarewarewa geothermal valley extends for generations.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, Sun protection, jacket/warm layer, & any essential personal items.
- Easy and good fitness level required.
- This is a guided walking tour and sensible walking footwear is recommended.
- You must be able to climb and descend stairs and walk on unpaved or uneven terrain.
- Bring a camera or a phone with camera capability as Hobbiton is the perfect place to get some great travel photos.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.