Hobbiton Movie Set Tour & Waitomo Glowworm Cave Experience
Set off on a full-day adventure from Auckland to see New Zealand's two most famous attractions in one day. Grab a great value Hobbiton Movie Set day tour, the award-winning attraction made famous by the popular Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies where you'll see the intricately created 'Hobbit holes' the Green Dragon Inn, the Party Tree and so much more cinematic magic! Along with one of the country’s most unique natural wonders are the famous glow worm caves.
per adult from
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to 2 hour fully guided experience at Hobbiton Movie Set
- Chance to step into a real The Lord of the Rings film set
- Remarkable 360-degree views of the rolling Kaimai Range
- Free beer or ginger beer or cider in Green Dragon Inn
- Amazing photo opportunities at the colourful Hobbiton village
- Learn how the film magic was made from a local guide
- Admission to fully guided experience at Waitomo Glow Worm Cave
- Marvel at awe-inspiring stalactites and stalagmites during a 45-minute tour of iconic Glowworm Caves
- Be captivated by the thousands of magical glow-worms as you glide silently by boat
- Stare up at thousands of glowing glow-worms above you
- Walk through the Cathedral Cave and experience the amazing acoustics
- Immerse yourself in geology and history of the Waitomo caves with the help of a tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton™ Movie Set Tours
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton™ Movie Set Tours, 501 Buckland Road, Matamata 3472, New Zealand
Experience the real Middle-earth with a visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set, featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films. Travel in style from Auckland to Hobbiton Movie Set - set on rolling farmland, this is the world famous movie set where you'll see the intricately created 'Hobbit holes' the Green Dragon Inn, the Party Tree and so much more cinematic magic! Immerse yourself in the sights, smells, sounds and tastes of the Shire as featured in the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit trilogies. Walk into the real-world landscape of Middle Earth on a walking tour of the Hobbiton™ Movie Set, where you get a behind-the-scenes look at ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit.’ Pause at the Green Dragon™ Inn to for a draft of Hobbit™ Southfarthing™, see the remarkable detailing that brought Hobbiton™ to life on screen, and visit the places where key scenes were created. Take a look at Bag End, where Frodo and Bilbo’s adventures began.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
Be amazed by thousands of magical glowworms above as you glide silently by boat in the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves The enchanting Waitomo Caves have been attracting visitors for more than 120 years, thanks to their incredible limestone formations and luminescent glowworms. The subterranean cave system is located beneath the rolling green countryside of the Waikato, one of New Zealand’s prime farming regions. Your guided Waitomo Caves tour will be an unforgettable sightseeing experience as you walk through majestic caverns, explore limestone shafts, marvel at the stalactites and stalagmites and enjoy a boat ride through a grotto lit by thousands of tiny native glowworms. Glowworm caves in New Zealand offer visitors the chance to explore dark caves that are lit up by thousands of tiny glowworms (scientifically known as Arachnocampa Luminosa) who shine bright as a way to attract their prey.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Mövenpick Hotel Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :06:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, Sun protection, jacket/warm layer, & any essential personal items.
- Easy and good fitness level required.
- This is a guided walking tour and sensible walking footwear is recommended.
- Bring a camera or a phone with camera capability as Hobbiton is the perfect place to get some great travel photos.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- No photography is permitted inside the Waitomo caves, and cameras and Go Pros cannot be taken on the tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.