Introduction to Wanaka Rock Climbing - Full Day
The ‘Introduction To Rock Climbing’ is our most popular trip. You get the opportunity to experience outdoor rock climbing in a safe and fun way, focusing on maximum time actually climbing, whilst learning safe practices and good technique along the way. It is ideal for those who have never climbed before, or only on an indoor wall.
The climbing can range from easy to challenging and we keep the group sizes small to ensure everyone has a great time and is challenged at their own level, our qualified instructors/guides will take you to the most suitable venue in the beautiful Matukituki Valley near Wanaka.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional, qualified guide/instructor
- All technical equipment (harness, climbing shoes, helmet)
- Courtesy transport to and from the climbing areas
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
If you have never been outdoor rock climbing and are looking for a great half day introduction then this is the best place to start. Your guide will teach you the basics of belaying and climbing technique.
• Basecamp Adventures, Wanaka 9305 New Zealand
Departure Point :50 Cardrona Valley Road, Wanaka 9305, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 6 years. For younger children, please see the Half Day trip or contact us to discuss their suitability
- Must be able to safely wear a harness and helmet
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If cancelled due to very poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date, an indoor climbing experience or a refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.