Jet Boat and Wilderness Walk Tour from Wanaka
Come deep into the Matukituki Valley on the most exciting 4-hour jet boating adventure in New Zealand, beneath the spectacular scenery of Glaciers and Lord of the Rings and Hobbit film locations, into world heritage Mount Aspiring National Park. Flowing from Glaciers, the pristine waters of the Matukituki River are perfect to experience the longest and most spectacular jet boat tour in New Zealand. Travel at speed over shallow braids, drift into turns and yes… experience exciting spins, stopping in deep pools to breathe in the magic of the landscape & hear stories of our land from your local guides. Deep in the mountains, off the beaten track, enjoy a 50-minute guided walk through moss covered forest, waterfalls and glacier fed streams in an area so special you won't want to leave.
For those looking for even more of an adventure then check out our new Packraft Wanaka Tripadvisor listing!!!
per adult from
What's included :
- Shuttle transfer
- Life jackets
- Wet weather gear
- Heated hand rails and footrests (in cold weather)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
Exciting Wilderness Jet Boating with views of Mount Aspiring and Hanging Glaciers, Lord of The Rings film locations, forests and waterfalls. At the top of the River disembark the jet boat for a remote, guided nature walk through native forests and wetlands, during summer months this is beneath beneath Avalanche Glacier
Departure Point :Wanaka River Journeys, 99 Ardmore Street, Wanaka 9305, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Maximum is 10 people per booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.