Kaikoura Helicopters Classic Whale Watch
Helicopters depart from our centrally located beach front helipads, lifting off on your scenic helicopter tour to view the Kaikoura Coast. View Sperm Whales from head to tail, offering you a unique and uninterrupted vantage point of these magnificent marine mammals.
per adult from
What's included :
- Scenic helicopter excursion to view sperm whales and wildlife
- View from above Kaikoura’s deep-sea canyon while searching for a Giant Sperm Whale
- Explore the unique and rugged Kaikoura Coastline
- Live commentary from our pilots who are flying encyclopedias on the local area.
- Headset with microphone to clearly hear your commentary and ask questions on your journey
- Unique and uninterrupted views of magnificent marine mammals from above in your luxury helicopter
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kaikoura, Kaikoura, Canterbury Region, South Island
This helicopter tour departs from our beachfront heli-pads and within minutes you'll be in the spectacular environment that plays host to one of the world's largest marine mammals, the magnificent Sperm Whale. From the comfort of our helicopter, you will enjoy the ultimate whale-spotting experience.
Enjoy spectacular, panoramic views of Kaikoura Peninsula.
See the seal colonies along the rocks at the end of Kaikoura Peninsula.
There is a possibility of seeing dolphins, baleen whales migrating through, and humpback whales on their way back and forth from their feeding grounds down near Antarctica, to their birthing and breeding grounds in Tonga/Niue in May/Nov
We operate under the strict guidelines of our whale watching concession from the Department of Conservation whilst also abiding to the Marine Mammals Protection Act
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :16 West End, Kaikōura 7300, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- A headset is provided with a microphone for communicating with your pilot
- Most travelers can participate
- Please call 24 hours in advance to reconfirm your booking +64 3 319 6609
- We recommend wearing covered shoes and bringing a warm jacket
- We recommend bringing your camera and sunglasses
- All passengers will be weighed before departure
- Your pilot in command will load helicopter based on weight and balance
- All flights are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers. Please see our website for full terms and conditions
- If the weather does not allow you to fly, we will be happy to rebook you for a later time if your travel schedule allows. Alternatively your voucher can be used at one of our other helicopter bases in Wellington or Christchurch
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.