Kaikoura Helicopters Coastal Whale Watch flight
Helicopters depart from our centrally located beach front helipads, lifting off on your scenic helicopter tour to view the Kaikoura Coast. View Sperm Whales from head to tail, offering you a unique and uninterrupted vantage point of these magnificent marine mammals. Landing at our exclusive mountain site overlooking the whale sanctuary with a magnificent view. Allowing for great photo opportunities.
per adult from
What's included :
- Scenic helicopter excursion to view sperm whales and wildlife
- View from above Kaikoura’s deep-sea canyon while searching for a giant Sperm Whale
- Explore the unique and rugged Kaikoura Coastline
- Live commentary from our pilots who are flying encyclopedias on the local area.
- Headset with microphone to clearly hear your commentary and ask questions on your journey
- Unique and uninterrupted views of magnificent marine mammals from above in your luxury helicopter
- Landing at our exclusive site, overlooking the whale sanctuary with magnificent views
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kaikoura, Kaikoura, Canterbury Region, South Island
Only by helicopter can you be aerial whale watching one minute, then be landing on a hilltop high above Kaikoura's unique and rugged coastline in the next.
Within minutes you'll be flying above Kaikoura’s deep-sea canyon, searching for a Giant Sperm Whale. A helicopter offers a remarkable view of the entire whale from head to tail, as we fly slow orbits uninterruptedly above. Then we'll head towards the coastline in search of a pod of Dusky Dolphins.
We'll land above Goose Bay at our exclusive landing site overlooking Hikurangi Marine Reserve and Kaikoura Canyon. From here you will see north along the coast to the Kaikoura Peninsula, south to the Haumuri Bluff, and west to the Seaward Kaikoura Ranges.
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :16 West End, Kaikōura 7300, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- A headset is provided with a microphone for communicating with your pilot
- Please call 24 hours in advance to reconfirm your booking +64 3 319 6609
- We recommend wearing covered shoes and bringing a warm jacket
- We recommend bringing your camera and sunglasses
- All passengers will be weighed before departure
- Your pilot in command will load helicopter based on weight and balance
- All flights are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers. Please see our website for full terms and conditions
- If the weather does not allow you to fly, we will be happy to rebook you for a later time if your travel schedule allows. Alternatively your voucher can be used at one of our other helicopter bases in Wellington or Christchurch
- Most travelers can participate
- Please bring along any medication you may need
- Please bring along a facemask if you wish to wear one
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.