Kaikoura Helicopters Extended Whale Watch flight
Within minutes of taking off from our beach from helipads, you will be in the spectacular environment that plays host to one of the worlds largest marine mammals, the magnificent Sperm Whale.
This flight allows you extra time in the whale area to view these majestic creatures of the deep. This also gives you the possibility of viewing dolphins for just a little extra
- A better option for when the whales are feeding further off shore or are holding their breath for longer than expected
- More chance to view any transient baleen whales - these whales typically spend short surface intervals (one to 4 breaths) followed by long periods under water (often 2-5 minutes), the longer flight time gives us longer wait for them.
- Depending on the location of the Sperm whales, gives us more time to search for dolphin and /or fly along the Kaikoura southern coastline on our way back to land.
per adult from
What's included :
- Scenic helicopter excursion to view sperm whales and wildlife
- View from above Kaikoura’s deep-sea canyon while searching for a Giant Sperm Whale
- Explore the unique and rugged Kaikoura Coastline
- Live commentary from our pilots who are flying encyclopedias on the local area.
- Headset with microphone to clearly hear your commentary and ask questions on your journey
- Unique and uninterrupted views of magnificent marine mammals from above in your luxury helicopter
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kaikoura, Kaikoura, Canterbury Region, South Island
This helicopter flight departs from our beachfront helipads and whisks you to the spectacular environment that plays host to one of the world's largest marine mammals, the magnificent Sperm Whale.
This heli-flight allows you extra time in the whale area to view these majestic creatures of the deep, a better option for when the whales are feeding further off shore or are holding their breath for longer than expected. The longer flight time also gives you the possibility of viewing dolphins.
You'll also have a better chance to view any transient baleen whales, which typically have short surface intervals (1-4 breaths) followed by long periods under water (often 2-5 minutes). The longer flight time gives us longer wait for them.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :16 West End, Kaikōura 7300, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- A headset is provided with a microphone for communicating with your pilot
- Please call 24 hours in advance to reconfirm your booking +64 3 319 6609
- We recommend wearing covered shoes and bringing a warm jacket
- We recommend bringing your camera and sunglasses
- All passengers will be weighed before departure
- Your pilot in command will load helicopter based on weight and balance
- All flights are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers. Please see our website for full terms and conditions
- If the weather does not allow you to fly, we will be happy to rebook you for a later time if your travel schedule allows.
- Most travelers can participate
- Options to fly to the whales from our other helicopter bases in Christchurch, Nelson, Wellington.
- Please make sure to bring along any medication that you may need.
- You are welcome to bring along a facemask if you wish.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.