Kaikoura Helicopters Grand Alpine Helicopter Tour
Departing from our centrally located beachfront pads, skirting the beautiful Kaikoura Peninsula, before climbing over 8000 feet into the Seaward Kaikoura Ranges where you get to experience the vast, rugged mountain ranges and seaward views. All from the comfort of your luxury helicopter. Take the opportunity to stand on the highest mountain outside of the Southern Alps and soak in the magnificent views of the East Coast of the South Island and Pacific Ocean.
What's included :
- Live commentary from our pilots who are flying encyclopedias on the local area.
- Explore the unique and rugged Kaikoura Coastline
- Land at an exclusive site on the breathtaking Seaward Kaikoura ranges
- Photo opportunities both in and outside of the helicopter given in the end of experience
- See landslides, rock falls and fault lines caused by the November 2016 earthquake.
What's excluded :
Stop At: Kaikoura, Kaikoura, Canterbury Region, South Island
The Grand Alpine Heli-tour climbs high among the seaward Kaikoura ranges, flying past peaks that rise above 8000ft, with snow visible in winter.
Look east over the Kaikoura plains and peninsula out to the Pacific Ocean. Land at a select alpine site of your pilot's choosing - all sites offer amazing views.
See landslides, rock falls and fault lines caused by the November 2016 earthquake.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Pass By: Tapuae-o-Uenuku, Clarence 7274, New Zealand
Look west over the Clarence Valley to the inland Kaikoura ranges, home to Mt Tapuae-o-Uenuku - the highest mountain outside the Southern Alps.
Pass By: Puhi Peaks Station, Puhi Puhi Valley, Puhi Puhi 7371, New Zealand
Fly over Puhi Peaks Station - home of only two Hutton's Shearwater colonies remaining. Keep an eye out for chamois and deer which run through the property.
Departure Point :16 West End, Kaikōura 7300, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- New Zealand Covid 19 tracer app can be used at our reception and are on board our helicopters. Manual check in option is also available. Please carry a facemask and use when required.