Kaikoura Swim with Dolphins Tour from Christchurch
Discover magnificent marine wildlife out on the South Pacific Ocean during this 12-hour Kaikoura dolphin swim from Christchurch. Travel through the rolling hills of North Canterbury to the rugged coastline of Kaikoura — the perfect place to view New Zealand’s dolphins, seals and birdlife in the wild. With warm wetsuit on, hop aboard your boat and learn from your guide the tricks used to encourage interaction with the graceful and curious dolphins. Dive to the depths below, snorkel over the waves and savor the joy of sharing the dolphins’ natural habitat.
What's included :
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Swim with Dolphins
- Use of snorkel equipment including wet suit
- Fur seal colony viewing
What's excluded :
On arrival in Kaikora, enjoy an early lunch (own expense) at the Craypot Café and Bar or take time to explore the attractive town on foot at your leisure. A thriving coastal community, Kaikoura offers a wide selection of shops, bars and other amenities and a buzzing seaside atmosphere.
When it’s time to hit the waves for your dolphin swim, follow your guide to the cruise base in town, climb into your warm wetsuit and listen to an informative briefing on the varied marine wildlife that calls Kaikoura home. Afterward, transfer to your bus for the short journey to the harbour, hop aboard your boat and cruise out into the deep ocean.
As your captain talks of the prevailing conditions out on the waves, breathe in the salty sea air and keep an eye out on the horizon for the wild dolphins’ tell-tale leaps and splashes. Be sure to ask the team on board about the tried and tested methods used to encourage the dolphins’ natural curiosity then, with the engine cut, strap on your mask, snorkel and flippers and jump into the ocean.
Whether you choose to dive down to the depths below or bob about on the surface, swimming with the friendly and curious Dusky dolphins in their natural habitat is truly unforgettable. Marvel at their elegance in the water as they swim energetically around you and enjoy the experience of sharing the waves with these intelligent, graceful and inquisitive creatures.
When your time with the dolphins is up, climb back aboard your boat for the short journey back to land. At approximately 3:30pm, depart Kaikoura for the return journey to your Christchurch hotel where your tour will come to an end.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be aged 8 years and over to swim with Dolphins.
- Customers must declare any pre-existing medical conditions. A basic level of fitness is required. Customers will be floating in the open ocean and will be required to swim to and from the boat - distances up to 50 meters (150 feet) at a time.
- Once the tour has commenced only the unused portion of the tour will be refunded should the Dolphin boats not sail. If due to Dolphin sightings or weather conditions the boat offers a partial refund, this refund will be passed on to our customers
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygiene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.