Kayak the Waikato River Taupo
Waikato River Float
Cruise lazily down the Waikato River, New Zealand’s longest river, on this gentle kayak tour. The tour starts near the control bridge in town and meanders down the slow moving crytal clear waters of the Waikato River. Kayak past stunning cliff faces, lush native forests, islands, river wildlife and swimming holes. You will kayak under Taupo Bungy’s platform where hopefully someone will be hurling themselves down into the water. Cheer them on! Towards the end of the trip you will stop by a natural hot springs popular with the locals and tourists alike where you can get out for a soak. You will end the trip at Reid’s Farm with some refreshments.
per adult from
What's included :
- Full instructions and commentary
- Professional and experienced guide
- Top quality kayaking equipment
- Safety gear
- Gourmet refreshments
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off. On request only. Please call or email to arrange.
- Gently paddle through the unspoilt beauty of the Waikato River, through the pumice gorge with crystal clear slow moving water. Be amazed by the stunning cliff faces and lush native forest. We begin our journey near the control bridge in town.
Whilst paddling we will pass various islands and swimming spots and drift past the bungy platform (let's hope someone's jumping). Along the way we will stop at the natural hot springs where you can take the opportunity to soak in the beautiful mineral water. At the end of this trip we will stop for refreshments.
Perfect for families looking for a gentle kayak adventure.
No experience is necessary, as all our trips are guided and full instruction is given. We have the option of single or double kayaks which are safe and easy for everyone to use. Children under the age of 4 must be accompanied by an adult.
Allow 2 hours.
• Full instruction
• Top quality kayaking equipment
• Gourmet refreshments
• On request only - Transport from/to Taupo Information Centre – 30 Tongatiro St, Taupo (please call or email to arrange)Times (can be flexible with times for group bookings):
• 9am and 1.30pm. Please arrive 15 minutes earlier than tour commence time. Base / Starting Location:
Gates Park, Pois Road Taupo (This trip does not start from our Taupo Kayaking Adventures office/base.)
Details will be on your confirmation email.
Please view our website under GEAR for what to wear and bring, no jeans please.
Please arrive wearing the appropriate clothing and already have sunblock applied, so we can keep to tour time.
Departure Point :Gates Park, Rangatira Park, Taupo 3330, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under the age of 4 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.