Lake Taupō Voyager Experience
Marvel at the breath-taking geothermal scenery, stunning waterfalls and World Heritage-listed forest reserves, as you drive from the south of Auckland located in the centre of New Zealand’s north island lies the largest freshwater lake in Australasia. A land of fire and ice, Lake Taupō, a stunning natural cauldron, is ringed by snow-capped mountains, and surrounded by geothermal ‘hot spots’, such as bubbling mud pools, fumaroles and hot springs.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- Entry ticket to 2.5 hour boat cruise
- Visit to Huka falls
- Visit to Lake Taupō
- Beanbag seating on deck
- Complimentary tea, coffee, and hot chocolate on deck
- Comfortable seating both inside and out
- Swimming if conditions allow (bring a towel)
- Entry/Admission - Maori Rock Carvings
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Huka Falls Rd, Taupo, Hinuera New Zealand
At Huka Falls you can witness the phenomenon of natural hydro power with more than 220,000 litres of water per sec barreling over 11meter high waterfall. The previously placid waters roar and rumble at great speed along the ravine before bursting out over Huka Falls to crash into the turbulent pool 11 metres below. A foot bridge right at the top of the falls puts you in a prime position to get up close and witness the powerful display of water blasting by -. If you'd like to see the power and fury of the falls up close, try a jet boat ride or river cruise.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lake Taupo, Taupo New Zealand
The beautiful Lake Taupō is about the size of Singapore – more of an inland sea really. Taupō was created nearly two thousand years ago by a volcanic eruption so big it darkened the skies in Europe and China.
Taupō is a great lake for water-skiing, sailing and kayaking. The Maori rock carvings at Mine Bay, which can only be seen from the water, make for a great boat trip or kayaking excursion. The forests surrounding the lake offer hiking and mountain biking to suit all levels of experience.
Relax on the waterfront & enjoy a picnic lunch or choose from a wide selection of cafes and restaurants.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Maori Rock Carvings, Lake Taupo, Taupo New Zealand
Step aboard, explore Lake Taupō, and discover its natural beauty and hidden wonders with an eco-friendly cruise with Sail Barbary.
Leave your cares and the shoreline behind and set sail across the crystal-blue waters of Lake Taupō. Investigate the hidden bays and beautiful coastline as you enjoy stunning vistas guarded by majestic mountains, enduring witnesses to Taupō’s volcanic past. Explore the culture, history, and sustainability of the region as you voyage to the Māori Rock Carvings at Mine Bay. We will take you right up close to the 14 metre high face of Ngatoroirangi.
Sit back and relax or jump in and learn to sail. Experience Lake Taupō from a unique perspective.
Free refreshments including tea, coffee, hot chocolate. We are licensed but you are welcome to bring your own. In the summer swimming is encouraged.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Common Pickup Location from Auckland City:Grand Mercure Hotel, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.