Lake Taupo 15,000-Foot Tandem Skydiving
Skydive from 15,000ft above stunning Lake Taupo! Take in spectacular coast to coast views of the Tongariro National Park and the Central Plateau. Taupo Tandem Skydiving is New Zealand's #1 Rated Skydive on Tripadvisor!
With free local Hummer pickups, free Rotorua pickup, and the most camera options in New Zealand, a skydive with us is unforgettable.
per adult from
What's included :
- 15,000-ft (4,570-m) skydive
- Professional guide
- Use of harness, jumpsuit and goggles
- Free buff/scarf
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All taxes, fees and handling charge
What's excluded :
- Photo and Video Package (available to purchase)
- T-Shirt (available to purchase)
- Your day will begin with a pickup from your Taupo accommodation in a brand new stretch Hummer. Alternatively, you have the option to self-drive to the drop zone if you’d prefer, there will be plenty of parking.
Upon arrival, you will be asked to sign a waiver form before being taken through your options regarding altitude and cameras. Once you've decided on your height and camera options it's time to get ready! You will be shown you through the hangar where you can store your belongings in our lockers before gear up.
It's gear up time! You will meet your tandem master and camera man, smile and wave for the camera and watch the safety video while we outfit you in a jumpsuit, harness, hat and goggles. When you're all geared up it's time to enter the plane and take off. Your tandem master will point out the beautiful sights around the Lake Taupo region on your scenic flight up to altitude, which takes about 15-minutes.
The moment of truth has arrived - it's time for freefall! Your tandem master will move you towards the door. Stop and smile for a quick photo before exiting, then experience the amazing feeling of freefalling at 200kph above Lake Taupo! Enjoy 60 seconds from 15,000ft, and spot the coast to coast views and snowy volcanoes of Tongariro National Park!
At 5,000ft your tandem master will deploy the parachute and you float back to earth, enjoying more of the stunning views. You may even get to steer the parachute! Upon landing, you will take a post-freefall picture.
After the skydive we will de-gear you, then grab a glass of water while you laugh at your skydiving video in our cinema. Just before you leave you can check out the T-shirts and Hoodies on offer in the shop, then we'll give you a certificate before taking you back to your accommodation.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your hotel, or drop zone if self-drivingAddress: Yellow Hangar, Anzac Memorial Drive, Taupo Airport, TaupoDates: DailyReturn point: Returns to same departure location
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- 220 lbs (100 kg) weight limit
- Children must be able to fit the harness
- Operated by multi-lingual tandem masters
- Rotorua pickups are only available for the 2pm jump slot
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.