Level 1 Waterfall Climb from Wanaka (3 hours return)
Living a rich life is about experiences, not stuff – our spectacular backyard is full of adventure and we want to share it with you. Get out of your comfort zone and be rewarded as we conquer the highest waterfall cable climb in the world together.
Our beginner climb involves approximately 1-hr of climbing and 4 bridge crossings. Our Via ferrata tour is perfect for those who love the outdoors, waterfalls and beautiful places. This tour is suitable for beginners, families and hesitant adventurers with basic fitness. No experience required.
Your tour starts at the waterfall where your friendly guide will fit your safety gear and teach you how to use the equipment before starting the climb. You will be climbing on steel ladder rungs and crossing wire bridges to finish at a beautiful picnic spot. We then walk down a mountain trail and back to the base.
If you are more adventurous and are looking to explore more in this incredible vertical world, we recommend our intermediate climb.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Training and safety briefing
- All equipment including helmets, harness, via ferrata lanyard, safety equipment
- GST(Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
Join us on the highest waterfall cable climb in the World. We are right there by your side as you challenge yourself and your comfort zone.
Our Level 1 climb “Go Wild” is our introductory climb. If you can climb a ladder you can Go Wild.
Our tours take place on a private working deer farm, nestled in the mountains, 20 minutes drive from Wanaka. The air is clean and the views just keep getting better and better the higher we go. It is an adventure of a lifetime.
We proudly stand by our clean record – with guides, training, gear and policies that keep it that way.
Departure Point :Twin Falls Waterfall, Wanaka Mount Aspiring Road, Treble Cone 9382, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- What to bring: water bottle, snack, sturdy close-toed walking shoes, wear comfortable trekking clothes suitable for the weather, Optional: small backpack, camera, sunglasses, sun protection (hat and sun block)
- Minimum age on this tour is 12 years. If you are under 16, you must climb our via ferrata with an adult guardian. For children under 12 a private tour may be an option. Please request upon booking.
- All minors (16 years and under) require an adult guardian’s signature on their waiver. There are no upper age limits to this activity.
- Please advise if over 220 pounds (100kg) or under 88 pounds (40kg)
- Must be able to climb a ladder and use both arms
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- To continue to be able to provide a safe and healthy experience for everyone, those who have any cold or flu symptoms, including fever and sore throat will not be permitted to join the tour. We will cancel any persons who do not pass our screening.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.