Lord of the Rings High Country Station Pioneering Experience & Scenic Day Tour from Christchurch (with optional Clydesdale Horses Wagon Ride)
As you journey from Christchurch, courtesy of Maossie Tour's extremely comfortable 4x6WD luxury bus, you take inthe diverse landscape that is Canterbury, New Zealand: braided rivers, green pastures, forests, deer, horses, sheep, hidden tracks, and absolutely remarkable mountain scenery. At your destination - Erwhon Station - the track is full of variety. The landscape is breath-taking with a mixture of rivers, tussocks, mountains & glaciers. holding the promise of great photo opportunities and the chance to experience the Canterbury high country.
per adult from
- Scrumptious lunch, morning and afternoon tea and refreshments
- Clydesdale wagon ride at Erewhon Station (optional)
- Central Christchurch hotel pick up and drop off
- All activities
- Experienced guides
- Live entertainment
- Luxury coach travel at its best in a latest model 4WD Mercedes Benz: to and from destination
- Complimentary WiFi and USB charging
- A lively, entertaining & highly knowledgeable tour guide relating all the history, myths & legends
- Day 1 : Clydesdale Horses High Country Wagon Ride in Lord Of The Rings “Middle Earth”Take in the sights of "Lord of the Rings" middle-earth as you journey from Christchurch in our extremely comfortable luxury Mercedes Benz coach alongside New Zealand's Southern Alps, towards your final destination - a fully-fledged working high-country sheep station - Erewhon Station (or "nowhere" backwards!). Here you can opt to enjoy a truly unique experience: a wagon ride using Clydesdale horses taking you into spectacular Aotearoa back-country. Braided rivers, green pastures, forests, deer, horses, sheep, hidden tracks, and absolutely remarkable mountain scenery - there's something different and amazing behind every turn! Your total journey time will be 6-7 hours and your tour is fully inclusive with Maossie providing a scrumptious lunch, morning and afternoon teas, and an unbelievable tour guide!Meals :Lunch
Pick up / drop off available from all major Christchurch central city hotels. Or, hop on outside Canterbury Museum Central Christchurch Rolleston Ave Central Christchurch, near the corner of Worcester Blvd . Look for the distinctive Maossie Tours bus (black Mercedes) parked and waiting until the scheduled departure time.
As an optional extra, be taken on a farm tour like no other by a team of Clydesdale horses, in this breath-taking landscape of rivers, tussocks, mountains & glaciers. The ride goes off the beaten track into a magical landscape that can’t be experienced from the road. With loads of great photo opportunities and the chance to experience the high country at the horses’ pace. Your wagon ride will definitely be a memorable trip.