Lord of the Rings - Journey to Edoras from Christchurch
Immerse yourself in the magic of the Lord of the Rings trilogy on this 9-hour adventure to Edoras (Mount Sunday) from Christchurch. Explore with your guide and soak up breathtaking views from the peak of Edoras. Look over exclusive behind-the-scenes photographs of Edoras under construction. Pose for photographs with movie replicas such as Aragorn’s sword, Gimli’s axe and the flag of Rohan. Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch with a glass of New Zealand sparkling wine. See for yourself how this tranquil mountainside was transformed into mysterious Edoras — the capital city of the Rohan people.
per adult from
What's included :
- Picnic lunch with sparkling wine
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Canterbury Museum, 11 Rolleston Avenue, Christchurch 8013 New Zealand
Depart from outside the front entrance of the Canterbury Museum.
Stop At: Mount Somers, Mount Somers, Canterbury Region, South Island
A quick stop is made at the Mount Somers Hall so guests can use the toilets.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Lake Clearwater, Canterbury 7771, New Zealand
Guests will stop at the stunning Lake Clearwater for an amazing photo opportunity.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mount Sunday, Ashburton Lakes 7771, New Zealand
Arrive at the stunning location of Mount Sunday and see how this peaceful mountain was transformed into Edoras, the capital city of the Rohan people in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mt Potts Lodge, 2131 Hakatere Potts Road, Ashburton Lakes 7771, New Zealand
Arrive at another scenic location for your picnic lunch. Guests will have another opportunity to use the toilets at this location.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Canterbury Museum, 11 Rolleston Avenue, Christchurch Central City, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please wear good footwear and bring along a warm jacket
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.