Lord of the Rings Scenic Tour
If you’re a movie fan or lover of beautiful landscapes, take the opportunity to see film locations from ‘The Lord of the Rings’ films on this Middle-earth tour from Queenstown. You’ll tour the countryside by 4WD and visit the locations where the Fortress of Isengard, Forest of Lothlorien and other famous Peter Jackson scenes were filmed. Discover why New Zealand is the movie directors’ choice for film locations, and enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour.
What's included :
- Transport by 4WD vehicle
- Light refreshments (including tea, coffee, hot chocolate, cake and cookies)
- Selected Queenstown Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
Stop At: Glenorchy-Queenstown Road, Mount Creighton New Zealand
Stopping at various viewpoints so you can take photos, your driver will provide informative and interesting facts during the drive, giving you a better sense of connection with the surroundings.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Glenorchy Café & Bar - The GYC, 25 Mull Street, Glenorchy 9372, New Zealand
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: 1733/1771 Glenorchy-Paradise Road, Glenorchy 9372, New Zealand
Follow the Dart River to the spectacular filming location for Isengard. This location offers stunning views of Mt Earnslaw. Heading to Paradise discover the location for the Forrest of Lothlorien.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: 12 Mile Delta, Mount Creighton 9371, New Zealand
On your way back to Queenstown, stop at 12 Mile Delta to explore the location of the Ithilien Camp -- the no-man's land between Gondor and Mordor.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :37 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from town centre or Queenstown accommodations.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Pickup from all central Queenstown accommodations. Hilton pickup on request
- Minimum numbers apply (min 2 per tour for confirmed departure, min 4 on NZ public holidays). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please Note: Pickup from central Queenstown accommodations is included. Surround suburbs (Kelvin Heights, Frankton, Arthur's Point, Fernhill and others) by arrangement. Please contact to reconfirm pick up arrangement and time.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- We are a 100% vaccinated company with all new hires having to be vaccinated before joining. We will not be using masks in the vehicles. They are supplied if customers want to use them. We require all of our customers to be vaccinated and to be able to show their vaccine pass when required.