Lyttelton Shore Excursion: Christchurch Sightseeing with Jet Boating
A rare opportunity to Jet Boat on the Waimakariri River, a fast flowing shallow braided river where you will experience jet boating at its very best. Upon return, enjoy a city tour of Christchurch taking in not only the damage to the city by several earthquakes in 2010 and 2011 and the rebuild currently taking place but also the remaining historic landmarks and the existing beauty of this picturesque city.
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Jet-boat ride
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Port pick up and drop off
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Experience a Jet boat ride “The Braided Blast” on the snow fed Waimakariri River in the shallow river flats. On this 30 Minute jet boat ride, your driver will speed and spin in waters that are sometimes only centimetres deep. Experience the thrills of jet boating through the shallow shifting, ever-changing courses of shingle bottom streams.
On your return to Christchurch you will be given a tour of the city centre. Once with its historic buildings and architecture, now heavily destroyed and badly damaged by the Earthquake hitting the city in February 2011. See for yourself both the destruction of the central city and the rebuild that is taking place.
Experience the grand architecture, beautiful gardens and scenic view points on a half-day city tour of Christchurch. Wander the Monavale Gardens with its pretty ponds and water features, and visit the botanical gardens in the central city and the seaside suburb of Sumner. Travel to the Sign of the Takahe to admire the spectacular views over the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps.
• Experience the thrills of jet boating through shallow waters
• Speed and spins in water only centimetres deep
• Magnificent rural and mountain scenery whilst travelling up river by boat
• Tour through Central Christchurch including the badly earthquake damaged city centre
• Stops for photo opportunities at all the key destinations
This sightseeing option of Christchurch is designed for cruise ship passengers.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Lyttelton Port. Meeting instructions will be sent to you upon booking.Dates: See AvailabilityReturn point: Returns to original departure point at 12.30 pm and 4.30pm depending on whether it's a morning or afternoon tour. This ensures that you will arrive at your cruise ship before departure.Ports
- Lyttelton Port Company Limited, Cashin Quay, 2, Lyttelton 8082, New Zealand
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Life-vests and splash-proof jackets provided on jet-boat
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Not suitable for child aged 2 and under
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygiene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.