Lyttelton Shore Excursion: TranzAlpine and Arthurs Pass Tour
We invite you to join us on a tour of discovery. With its spectacular scenery, travel through the southern alps on the TranzAlpine train to Arthurs Pass and enjoy an optional lunch and jet boating on the Waimakariri Gorge along with a high country sheep farm visit with sheep shearing, dog work and afternoon tea.
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- TranzAlpine train journey
- Jet boat ride
- Afternoon tea
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified (e.g. lunch)
- We will collect you from your cruise ship berthed in the port of Lyttelton and from Christchurch travel by road to Springfield at the foothills of the Southern Alps.
At Springfield, board the world famous TranzAlpine train: a train journey which is rated as one of the top ten train journeys in the world. Travel through the Southern Alps to Arthurs Pass viewing spectacular alpine scenery through panoramic windows.
In Arthurs Pass we meet the train and then tour by road over the snow-capped Southern Alps in the Arthurs Pass National Park and on to the Otira Gorge making photo stops on route. Visit the old village of Otira before returning to Arthurs Pass for lunch.
Following lunch there will be time to explore the village prior to departing Arthurs Pass and returning to Christchurch by road travelling again through the majestic Southern Alps and Alpine Passes, with river valleys, lakes and towering peaks as a backdrop. On route you will stop for an exhilarating jet boat ride through the spectacular gorges of the Waimakariri River, travelling up river to areas inaccessible by road.
Following the jet boating, a visit will be made to a high-country farm for afternoon tea, followed by a sheep shearing and sheep dog mustering demonstration. From there you will continue to Christchurch and be returned to your cruise ship in Lyttelton.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Lyttelton Port Company Limited, Cashin Quay, 2, Lyttelton 8082, New Zealand
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Jet boating is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date for the tour or a refund for the jet boating part of the tour
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Jet boating is not recommended for pregnant women
- The minimum age for jet boating is 2 years of age.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygiene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.