Magical Wonderland Experience - Overnight [2 Day Tour]
Experience the Magical Wonderland of Rotorua in this unique 1 night 2 days tour covering Waitomo Glowworm Cave, Hobbiton Movie Set Tour, Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, Lady Knox Geyser, Champagne Pool, Mud Pool, Huka Falls and Lake Taupō
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the journey
- Hand-picked accommodation included in our platinum and gold packages
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation
- All entrance and activity fees
- Exclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communities
- Built-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wish
- Entry to Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
- Free Beer or Ginger Beer or Cider in Green Dragon Inn
- Entry to Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Entry to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Entry to Lady Knox Geyser
- Visit to Huka Falls
- Visit to Lake Taupō
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Entry/Admission - Lady Knox Geyser
- Entry/Admission - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Entry/Admission - Waiotapu Boardwalk/ Mud Pool
What's excluded :
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Hand-picked accommodation excluded in our silver and bronze package
- Entry to Deluxe Lake Spa
Day 1: Waitomo Glowworm Cave & Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
Discover an ancient world 30 million years in the making and marvel at Mother Nature’s light display as you glide silently through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto. Experience the serene ambience as you enter this galaxy of tiny living lights. The glowworm (Arachnocampa Luminosa) is unique to New Zealand, making the Waitomo Glowworm Caves an absolute must-do. See thousands of these tiny creatures as they radiate their unmistakable luminescent light in a subterranean world.
Our guided tour will take you through over 250 metres of stunning underground scenery commencing with the impressive Cathedral. Many of our current guides are descendants of the Maori chief who originally explored the cave and can share with you the remarkable history of the area.
Enjoy the world famous boat ride under thousands of magical glowworms
Walk through the majestic Cathedral Cave famous for its acoustics
Enjoy listening to stories about Maori culture from our local guides
Guided since the late 1880s, this is the original iconic New Zealand attraction
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Experience the real Middle-earth with a visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set, featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films. The Hobbiton Movie Set Tour is where Peter Jackson filmed his famous Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit film trilogies. Once we arrive, you spend 30-45 mins shopping in the official Hobbiton Gift Shop and grabbing a drink or a bite in the famous Shire’s Rest Cafe.
Fall in love with the Alexander family sheep farm, just as acclaimed director Sir Peter Jackson did, as you journey through the unequivocal beauty of the land, with the mighty Kaimai Ranges towering in the distance. Your guide will then escort you around the set, showing the intricate detailing, pointing out the most famous locations and explaining how the movie magic was made.
You will be fully guided around the 12 acre set; past Hobbit Holes, the Mill and into the world-famous Green Dragon Inn, where you will be presented with a complimentary, exclusive Hobbit Southfarthing beverage to conclude your own Middle-earth adventure.
Duration: 3 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: You can find your own accommodation in Rotorua or upgrade your experience to have accommodation included (charges apply)
Day 2: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, Huka Falls & Lake Taupō
Stop At: Lady Knox Geyser, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Come and see the history and beauty of the Lady Knox Geyser at 10.15am every day. Presented by our fantastic staff in a natural amphitheatre. Lady Knox Geyser provides a unique opportunity to see an eruption to heights of 10 to 20 metres.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Sculptured out of volcanic activity and thousands of years in the making, Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland is considered to be New Zealand’s most colourful and diverse geothermal sightseeing attraction. You are introduced to a uniquely different natural landscape – the key to what you see lies below the surface – one of the most extensive geothermal systems in New Zealand, extending over 18-sq. km.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Waiotapu Boardwalk/ Mud Pool, Waiotapu Loop Road, Wai-O-Tapu New Zealand
Visit the Mud Pool to complete your experience at Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland. The largest mud pool in New Zealand, it was originally the site of a large mud volcano which was destroyed through erosion in the 1920’s.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Huka Falls Rd, Taupo, Hinuera New Zealand
At Huka Falls you can witness the phenomenon of natural hydro power with more than 220,000 litres of water per sec barreling over 11meter high waterfall. The previously placid waters roar and rumble at great speed along the ravine before bursting out over Huka Falls to crash into the turbulent pool 11 metres below. A foot bridge right at the top of the falls puts you in a prime position to get up close and witness the powerful display of water blasting by -. If you'd like to see the power and fury of the falls up close, try a jet boat ride or river cruise.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lake Taupo, Lake Terrace, Taupo 3330 New Zealand
The beautiful Lake Taupō is about the size of Singapore – more of an inland sea really. Taupō was created nearly two thousand years ago by a volcanic eruption so big it darkened the skies in Europe and China.
Taupō is a great lake for water-skiing, sailing and kayaking. The Maori rock carvings at Mine Bay, which can only be seen from the water, make for a great boat trip or kayaking excursion. The forests surrounding the lake offer hiking and mountain biking to suit all levels of experience.
But what Taupō is really known for is fishing. The town of Turangi has the largest natural trout fishery in the world; this is the place to cast a line and look for the big one. Turangi also happens to provide a convenient base for exploring Tongariro National Park, whether it be walking the Tongariro Alpine Crossing (New Zealand's most popular day walk) or skiing at Whakapapa and Turoa ski fields.
After you finish your amazing magical wonderland experience, we make our way through the scenic roads of Waikato back to Auckland city.
Duration: 2 hours
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Common Pickup Location in Auckland City:Grand Mercure Hotel, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.