Manea Footprints of Kupe Cultural Experience
Manea Footprints of Kupe is a 75-minute multisensory journey of guided storytelling – through art, taonga (cultural treasures), film, performance, digital interaction and the splendour of Hokianga’s natural surroundings.
Manea: Footprints of Kupe offers you a unique cultural encounter, journeying into te ao Māori, the Māori world. Our cultural and heritage centre on the shores of the spectacular Hokianga Harbour is your first stop on this journey. Here, you will feel the warmth of our welcome as we share our stories and traditions.
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- Manea Footprints of Kupe admission
- Entry/Admission - Manea Footprints of Kupe
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Manea Footprints of Kupe, 41 Twin Coast Discovery Highway Opononi, Hokianga 0473, New Zealand
Meet your guide and begin your journey in the
footsteps of Kupe. On the way to Manea, your guide will share stories of our ancestors and the ancient realms of Kupe, told through carvings and the surrounding land.
On your arrival at the Manea whare taonga (house of
treasures), our people welcome you with the timeless
cultural ceremony of pōwhiri.
You now enter the Manea theatre, where a 20-minute
4D-digital extravaganza and live performance
immerses you in a full sensory recreation of the rich
and vibrant world of the intrepid adventures of Kupe.
From the theatre, your guide will lead you outside to
absorb the full significance of the Hokianga harbour
and our story. This was not only where Kupe made his
home, but also his final departure point from this land.
You can now continue your journey of discovery at
your leisure in the Footprints of Kupe Interactive
Gallery, where digital stations reveal more details of
our ancestor’s story.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :41 State Highway 12, Opononi 0473, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.