Maori Rock Carvings Eco Sailing Taupo
Our electric yacht is 100% sustainable, emissions and noise free, making it climate safe, and Lake Taupo’s best sailing experience.
We have been sailing to the iconic Maori Rock Carvings since 1982!
This all-year-round activity offers relaxation, fun and adventure on the water, the Kiwi way. Get right up close to this culturally significant 46 foot (14m) high rock art.
Excellent, amusing and current commentary on lake, the volcanics and the carvings. Free refreshments including tea, coffee, hot chocolate and mulled wine (winter only). We are licenced but you are welcome to bring your own. BYO
Swimming is encouraged.
Sail Barbary is the only boat in Taupo rated 'Qualmark Gold' by Tourism NZ under the 'sustainable business' category.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide providing commentary on the lake, the carvings and the volcanoes
- GST (Goods and Services Tax) included
- All cruises include a complimentary beverage and a Sail Barbary postcard
- Evening cruises include a glass of wine/beer/soft drink
- Swimming is encouraged
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Maori Rock Carvings
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maori Rock Carvings, Lake Taupo, Taupo New Zealand
Explore Lake Taupō on an eco-friendly scenic cruise on New Zealand's only electric yacht. Enjoy stunning vistas as you set sail to explore the Māori Rock Carvings at Mine Bay, Te Moaenga Bay, Whakamoenga Bay and Acacia Bay. Stopping to listen to Maori myths and legends with refreshments included. Book with Sail Barbary today and enjoy one of New Zealand’s must-do experiences.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Sail Barbary eco-sailing Taupo, Berths 9 &, 10 Redoubt Street, Nukuhau, Taupō 3330, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- What to Bring: Dress casual, comfortable and warm (layered clothes work best), windproof/showerproof jacket, swimwear and towel (during summer), sunglasses, hat and don’t forget your camera!
- Please note: You are welcome to bring your own prepared food and beverages. NZ law requires adults to be R18 and over to drink alcohol.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative boat, date or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- We keep up to date with the government's recommendations to businesses regarding Covid 19. Our region is currently in NZ's Covid Level 1. It is not compulsory to wear masks on our boats.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.