Maori Rock Carvings Sailing Tour
The pirate-flagged Sail Fearless has got to be the not-so-buried treasure of Great Lake Taupō . With a heart of gold and extensive knowledge of New Zealand and lake Taupo it is no wonder Fearless (David) has won so many awards for his affordable Maori rock carvings cruises.
So come on board Fearless for simply the best sailing experience on Great Lake Taupō. This is the more intimate cruise option to the famous Maori Rock carvings, with sleek lines and a maximum of only 18 passengers.
Guests can relax on beanbags and snuggle under blankets, or give the crew a hand.
150 to 180 minutes
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Light refreshments (if option selected)
- Sunset Tours
- Free Pizza Beer and wine on selected trips
- Longest swim stop on all trips ( weather Depending)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (if option not selected)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Redoubt Street, Taupo 3330, New Zealand
At the Taupo Marina, join a professional crew for a sail on Fearless, a 36-foot (12-meter) ketch with capacity for up to 18 passengers. This 2.5-hour scenic journey on great Lake Taupo delivers you to the Māori Rock Carvings at Mine Bay (or Okuta Bay) while taking in the popular Te Kopua and Acacia bays en route.
The boat sails under full sail or, depending on wind and weather conditions, gently meanders when waters are truly calm using a quit inboard diesel motor. Relax and enjoy the views or join in with hoisting the sails — it's up to you. Either way, you'll experience the romance of a sailing adventure aboard this graceful vessel.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Maori Rock Carvings, Lake Taupo, Taupo New Zealand
Listen to commentary while you gaze at the Māori Rock Carvings, which are only accessible by water. You’ll get right up close to the rock face and have ample time to take in the intricacy of the large Māori figures.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Lake Taupo, Lake Terrace, Taupo 3330 New Zealand
In the warmer months, bring your swimsuit and a towel, or upgrade your sailing tour with free music, wine, and pizza for an idyllic summer evening. You are also able to bring your own food and drinks with you, should you wish. Afterwards, return to the marina where you tour concludes.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :27 Redoubt Street, Waikato 3330, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Sailing trips are subject to minimum numbers, lake and weather conditions.
- If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or a full refund
- Bring a warm jacket for cool weather or wind.
- Bring a towel and swimwear.
- Light Refreshments can be purchased from the cheapest bar on the Lake or you can also bring your own light refreshments for your convenience.
- The operator reserves the right to upgrade passengers to his other sailing yacht Kindred Spirit should weather conditions, demand or other circumstances require it. No extra costs will apply. The trip at 9.30am or 12.30pm might be postponed by 30min in such circumstances.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.