Marlborough Sounds Day Visit to Lochmara
Spend the day or a few hours at Lochmara in the Queen Charlotte Sound. Enjoy a 15 minute cruise over to Lochmara and choose from an array of activities, including a self guided walk around our 11 acre property with interpretation panels on the native flora and fauna, for those fit walkers we have a 3.5 km access track to the Queen Charlotte track, participate in the daily hand-feeding on animals including the Kakariki (native parakeet) and join a guided tour (additional fee applies) of the "Underwater Observatory - see below the sea without getting wet" The only one of its kind in the top of the South Island.
per adult from
5 to 8 hours
What's included :
- 15 Minutes Cruise
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lochmara Lodge Marlborough Sounds Wildlife Recovery Centre, Lochmara Bay Marlborough Sounds, Picton 7201 New Zealand
Lochmara are breeding the Yellow and Red Crowned Kakariki for educational purposes in conjunction with DOC We want to help ensure we have these beautiful species for future generations to enjoy. Visitors can watch the feeding of the Kunu kune pigs. native eels and the kakariki at a set time in the afternoon or explore our 11 acres on a self guided tour with a map provided.
Alternatively visitors may enjoy lunch at our cafe or spend time kayaking and paddle boarding
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Lochmara booking office, 4a/1 London Quay, Picton 7220, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- While New Zealand is in Level one, increased hand hygiene and use of QR codes are encouraged and available.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.