Martinborough Wine Experience
Martinborough Wine Experience
A fully escorted tour which takes in three award winning wineries in Martinborough,a craft beer brewery and a sensational shop bursting with speciality cheeses. Enjoy your wine tasting matched with a delightful gourmet lunch platter at a boutique winery that will leave your taste buds tingling. The option of replacing the craft beer brewery with a fourth winery is available on request.
• Picturesque ride through the Hutt Valley, seeing some of the Lord of the Rings filming sites
• 20 minute drive over the Remutaka Mountain Range then through tranquil rural town and countryside leading to Martinborough
• Tasting at boutique wineries
• Gourmet platter lunch
• Tasting at local craft beer brewery
• Tasting at C'est Cheese
per adult from
420 to 450 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Tasting fees
- Gourmet lunch platter
- Tour escort/host
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Details of Tour:
Martinborough is a popular destination approximately one and a quarter hour’s drive from Wellington City. It is characterised by quaint little towns dotted between rolling fields of sheep, olives and grapes – all set against a panoramic mountain backdrop and is located at the centre of the Wairarapa wine region.
This easy-paced tour offers a leisurely wine-tasting experience while travelling through our rural countryside.
You will be picked up from your meeting point and whisked out of the city on a fast moving motorway. We will then wind through the picturesque Hutt Valley, and along the way some of the filming sites of Lord of the Rings, including Helms Deep, Minas Trith, River Anduin and Rivendel, may be visited.
A twenty minute drive over the Remutaka Mountain Range will bring you into the tranquillity of the Wairarapa region. Ten more minutes of travelling and you arrive in Martinborough, where your first wine tasting experience is about to begin.
While small in terms of total wine production, Wairarapa’s boutique wineries have big international reputations for the quality of their Pinot Noir wines, which is a notoriously difficult wine to make well.
You will visit three of Martinborough's favourite wineries and hear the wine makers explaining with passion the history of their wines and inviting you to taste a variety of them. You will have the opportunity to purchase wine and have it delivered internationally if you choose, and what better way to relive your Martinborough experience once you are back in your own home, than reminiscing around the dinner table with a bottle of your favourite tasting from the day.
Your wine tasting will be matched with a delightful gourmet lunch platter at one of the wineries, that will leave your taste buds tingling, before the tour visits a boutique brewery. Here you will meet a small, passionate team that is hand crafting beer with attention to quality and flavour and you will be able to sample four of these.
The Martinborough experience is topped off by visiting C’est Cheese in Featherston, where you can indulge in an impressive selection of award winning cheeses, before the leisurely return to your drop off point back in Wellington City.
Included in your tour price:
• 7 hours’ duration
• Cruise Ship or hotel pick up
• Wine tasting fees
• Craft beer tasting fees
• Platter lunch accompanied by a glass of wine or drink of choice
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Cruise Ship passengers will be picked up at the port in Wellington as they disembark.Ports
- Port Nicholson Medical, 61 Taranaki Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/14/2019 - 5/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:30 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- MINIMUM age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.