Matakana Art & Horse Riding Experience
Matakana - A popular getaway spot for locals and visitors alike. Matakana is foodie heaven. A visit to Matakana coast comes with memories to treasure. Spend a day marvelling at unspoilt countryside, indulging in wonderful food and wine, exploring riverside towns, and enjoying the special things to do around Auckland. Explore the coastal treks along white-sand beaches by Riding on horseback allows you to get back to nature and enjoy the solitude and harmony of the New Zealand wilderness. Experience our unique Sculpture Trail which winds through a remarkable native landscape. Our unforgettable honey experience offers a unique and a much closer insight into the wonderful world of New Zealand's honeybees. Sample the many hand-crafted chocolates, artisan chocolates, handmade fudge and classic sweets made from quality ingredients, and choose gifts to take home. Come with us to experience a truly memorable day trip from Auckland.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to New Zealand’s largest showcase of honey products
- Free tastings of 100% pure New Zealand honey, skincare & giftware
- Admission to 1 hour Pakiri beach horse riding
- All necessary safety equipment provided
- Admission to Sculptureum art gallery
- Mouth watering samples at the famous Chocolate in Matakana Village
- Witness New Zealand’s largest display of live bees and a huge range of native honeys
- Free honey, mead and liqueur tastings and fascinating interactive displays
- Enjoy the beautiful white-sand beaches along Matakana’s stunning coastline
- Ride a horse along a stunning New Zealand beach
- Experience a breath-taking view that reaches far and wide to the horizon
- Entry/Admission - Pakiri Beach Horse Rides
- Entry/Admission - Sculptureum
- Entry/Admission - Chocolate Brown
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Honey Centre, Corner of State Highway One & Perry Road, Warkworth, Auckland 0983 New Zealand
Our first visit to the Honey Centre makes a diverting pit stop, with its free honey tasting and glass-fronted hives. The Honey Centre, has New Zealand’s largest display of live bees and a huge range of native honeys to taste and buy. Discover the medicinal and beautifying powers of unique Manuka honey, browse skincare and giftware.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Pakiri Beach Horse Rides, 317 Rahuikiri Road, Pakiri 0972, New Zealand
We drive on to the east coast beach to enjoy our horse trek. Imagine the wind in your face, the sun on your skin and just the sound of the surf and hoofbeats on the white sand of an unpopulated South Pacific beach. Here you can experience the best horse riding on horses suited for first time novices to experienced riders, with friendly guides trained to help you have a safe and fabulous time on horseback.
You can experience the freedom of this special place on horseback. It can be both tranquil and exhilarating! Whatever suits you! Ride along the pristine white sand beach, enjoying the seabirds you encounter… endangered NZ Dotterel, oystercatchers and many others then return through dunes and pohutukawa glades. Enjoy the magnificent views out over Little Barrier and Hen & Chicken Islands. A safe and exciting ride for novices and children. Be refreshed and rejuvenated and leave feeling empowered, invigorated and wanting more!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sculptureum, 40 Omaha Flats Road, Matakana, Auckland 0986 New Zealand
Sculptureum is a place to be inspired by nature and human creativity. An art experience that is internationally unique. Over 400 works of art fill three sculpture gardens and six galleries. A destination that has been ten years in the making is designed to unlock the imagination, fuel creativity and ignite the mind. The gardens burst with colourful plantings that change with the seasons. Imposing prehistoric rocks rise up alongside panels that display reflections in writing on Gardens, Inspiration, Wisdom, Art and Music. There is just over 2km of beautifully manicured paths and while summer is the most colourful time of year to experience Sculptureum, each season reveals something new to admire. Complete your experience with a meal at the restaurant (optional) at your expense.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Chocolate Brown, 6 Mill Lane, Warkworth 0941, New Zealand
Our art, food and wine experience can never be complete without a sweet treat. We finish on a sweet note at an award winning boutique chocolate maker on the way. Calling all chocolate lovers to this Chocolate cafe and Chocolate shop! You’ll feel like you are stepping into a vintage sweet shop full of delightful surprises. Enjoy one of our complimentary chocolate tastings while you watch our Chocolatiers at work. Sample the many hand-crafted chocolates made from quality ingredients, and choose gifts to take home.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Common Pickup Location in Auckland City:Grand Mercure Hotel, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, Sun protection, jacket/warm layer, & any essential personal items.
- Sandals, Scuffs or high heel footwear are not allowed.
- Easy and good fitness level required.
- This is a guided walking tour and sensible walking footwear is recommended.
- All children ages 10 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Bring a camera or a phone with camera capability as this is the perfect place to get some great travel photos.
- Horse Riding is not recommended if pregnant.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- Kindly inform about the approximate weight of each rider at the time of booking.
- Special dietary requirements catered for upon request, please advise at the time of booking. Preferences and requests cannot be guaranteed. Special requests are subject to availability.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.