Matakana Scenic Coastal Getaway from Auckland
Visit the picturesque wine region of Matakana. Just an hour north of Auckland you can see native forest and giant tree ferns as you pass through beautiful sheep, cattle and deer country. Matakana village also has a farmers market on Saturdays from Octobr to March. Stop and see the local hanicraft and organic food and drinks. See an 850 year old Kauri tree and sample wine and samle chocolate. You will enjoy a memorable open menu lunch at award winning Plume Vineyard Restaurant as also taste their Runner Duck Wines. We visit three different wine producers which may vary on the day depending on availablity. By special arrangement you may also be able to visit the Tawharanui regional park and bird sanctuary.
per adult from
What's included :
- Wine tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off or Port pickup
- Entry/Admission - Omaha Bay Vineyard
- Entry/Admission - Matakana Estate
- Entry/Admission - Brick Bay Sculpture Trail
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Puhoi, Puhoi, North Island
Taste cheese at the Puhoi Valley Cheese company.
This multiple award winning New Zealand cheese maker produces a wide range of products including aged cheddar, Colby, sheep, goat and cow Fetas, double and triple cream Brie and Camembert, Gouda, Gruyere and three deliouse blue cheeses of varying strength and character.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Omaha Bay Vineyard, 189 Takatu Road, Matakana, Auckland New Zealand
Taste a tange of white and red wines produced form their own Matakana vineyard. Varieties include Flora, Pinot Gris and Rose', Syrah, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Montepulciano and Petit Verdot. Their blended reds are very popular and age well.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Matakana Estate, 568 Matakana Road, Matakana, Auckland 0985 New Zealand
Taste a selection of 5 wines of your choice including Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Merlot, Syrah and Pinot Noir
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Brick Bay Sculpture Trail, 17 Arabella Lane, Snells Beach, Auckland 0920 New Zealand
Taste wine from grapes grown on their own 20 acre vineyard.
There is a sculpture walk on the vineyard but this is not included as time does not allow this.
We take lunch at Brick Bay Vineyard cafe occasionally depending on availablity. Grapes grown include Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Syrah and Malbec. They also produce and lovely Rose'
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We collect from all major hotels and most accommodations in the Auckland Central Business District (CBD)the drinking age in New Zealand is 18 years. If you look under 25 years of age you may be required to produce age identification. The only forms of ID acceptable by law are New Zealand Drivers Licence, HANZ card or International PassportPorts
- Level 1, Ports of Auckland Building/1 Sunderland St, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- New Zealand is currently at a safe level for all tourism activities and masks and social distancing are not required. Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the tour but you are not required to wear a mask except for public transport only.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.