Milford Sound BBQ Experience Full Day from Queenstown
Milford Sound is arguably the most scenic destination in New Zealand, and a must-see for any traveler. Whether seen in sunshine or rain, the incredible views are guaranteed to leave you awe-struck. This is a small group tour for travelers seeking an all-inclusive, uniquely-kiwi, personalized trip to Milford Sound. Travel in unparalleled style and comfort in a fully air-conditioned luxury Mercedes van fully equipped with WIFI, large panoramic windows and leather reclining seats so you can sit back, relax and enjoy the stunning scenery. As you begin your tour out of Queenstown the van will travel south alongside the amazing "Remarkables" mountain range and New Zealand's longest lake, Lake Wakatipu. From Te Anau the scenery really begins to stand out as we drive north along Lake Te Anau and into the beautiful Fiordland National Park. Enjoy a gourmet Kiwi-style BBQ lunch on our small uncrowded cruise while taking in the incredible beauty that Fiordland and Milford Sound have to offer!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
- Instant Confirmation
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off (at select Queenstown accommodations)
- Scenic Cruise on Milford Sound.
- Local Driver/Guide.
- Sightseeing Stops with opportunities for short bush walks.
- Lunch - Kiwi-style BBQ or Picnic Lunch
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Additional Snacks (we provide lunch, but it is a long day)
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
Lake Wakatipu is an inland lake in the South Island of New Zealand. It is in the southwest corner of the Otago region, near its boundary with Southland. Lake Wakatipu comes from the original Māori word Whakatipu wai-māori
Stop At: Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Fiordland National Park Visitor Centre, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Upon entering the Fiordland National Park, the largest National Park in NZ, travel up along side the Eglington River to three mountain lakes at the head of the Eglington Valley. During this part of the journey you will make the first of our many sightseeing stops that also allow for some great photo opportunities. You have a couple of different locations for lunch and will endeavor to select the best spot on the day. With some fantastic walks in the area, this is a great opportunity to experience the beautiful alpine forest up close.
After lunch you head towards the Homer Tunnel, taking in some incredible mountain views while driving along side the crystal clear waters of the Hollyford river. Once through the Homer Tunnel, you'll wind the way down the Cleddau Valley. At this time you arrive in an area called Fiordland but are visiting a "Sound", the difference will be explained.
You link up with a scenic cruise for a 1 hour and 45 minute excursion on the fjord.
The barbecue lunch includes a classic Kiwi BBQ of marinated lamb kebabs, chicken kebabs and sausages, a good range of salads, fresh bread and fruit juice. Vegetarian patties are available on request. Please be sure to specify any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
Stop At: Milford Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679 New Zealand
Milford Sound is a fiord in the southwest of New Zealand’s South Island. It’s known for towering Mitre Peak, plus rainforests and waterfalls like Stirling and Bowen falls, which plummet down its sheer sides. The fiord is home to fur seal colonies, penguins and dolphins.
Stop At: Lake Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Lake Te Anau is in the southwestern corner of the South Island of New Zealand. The lake covers an area of 344 km², making it the second-largest lake by surface area in New Zealand and the largest in the South Island. It is the largest lake in Australasia by fresh water volume.
Stop At: Homer Tunnel, 94 S.h., Milford Sound New Zealand
The Homer Tunnel is a 1.2 km long road tunnel in the Fiordland region of the South Island of New Zealand, opened in 1953. New Zealand State Highway 94 passes through the tunnel, linking Milford Sound to Te Anau and Queenstown, by piercing the Darran Mountain range at the Homer Saddle
Stop At: Eglinton Valley, Milford Sound New Zealand
Within the Eglinton Valley you’ll also find the famous Mirror Lakes and Knobs Flat.
Departure Point :Queenstown, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Additional Pick ups:- Fernhill Hotels (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time)- Arthurs Point Hotel (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time)- Rydges Bus Stop, Lake Esplanade (For Rydges Resort, QT Queenstown, and Peppers Beacon)- Queenstown Hotels (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time)- Central Queenstown (Please meet the us outside Base Backpackers, 49 Shotover Street)- Amber Lodge, 1 Gorge Rd (For Gorge Rd, Henry St, and Turner St accomodations)- Cnr Cemetery Rd & Brecon St (For Lakeview Holiday Park, The Dairy, Browns Boutique)- Upper Stanley Street Bus Stop, Stanley St (For Heartland Hotel, Blue Peaks, Caples Court, Four Seasons and Scenic suites)- Millennium Hotel Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Millennium Hotel, Melbourne Lodge, Hurley's, Autoline Motel)- Pounamu Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Swiss Belsuites, Colonial Village, Villa del Lago, Oaks Club)- Hensman Rd / Oaks Shores Bus Stop (For The Rees, Oaks Shores, Andrews Rd, and Hensman Rd)- Sherwood Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Sherwood, Holiday Inn, Goldfield Heights)- Battery Hill Bus Stop, Frankton Rd- Perkins Rd Bus Stop, Frankton Rd- Marina Drive Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Mantra Marina)- Frankton Bus Shelter, Cnr of Gray Street & Kawarau RdIf your accommodation is not listed, please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please bring walking shoes, warm clothes and rain jacket
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Special meal requests such as vegetarian or do not eat pork, lamb, chicken or beef MUST be advised at time of booking and then reconfirmed at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- During the months of May to October and the Early Bird Summer departures the itinerary for this tour will be modified. In place of the BBQ lunch enroute to Milford Sound, the tour will include a full scenic cruise with a BBQ lunch on board the cruise boat.
- Please be aware that this is a full day excursion (up to 13 hours for our Summer tours) due to road distances.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.