Milford Sound Small Group Tour from Queenstown with Scenic Flight
Milford Sound is arguably the most scenic destination in New Zealand and a must-see for any traveller. Whether seen in sunshine or rain, the incredible views are guaranteed to leave you awe-struck. This is a small group tour for travellers seeking a uniquely-kiwi trip to Milford Sound.
We keep things personal using our fleet of modern Mercedes vans. Enjoy your journey with no more than 16 people in a vehicle with premium features such as leather seats, panoramic scenic windows, Wi-Fi & Spotify playlists.
Let your Altitude Tours guide entertain you with their in-depth knowledge of the area. Enjoy many scenic photo stops at both famous locations, as well as our guide's favourite off-the-beaten-track spots.
Enjoy a 2-hour small uncrowded cruise while taking in the incredible beauty that Milford Sound has to offer! You can also add on a picnic lunch to enjoy onboard.
After your cruise, take in the views from above, on an incredible flight back to Queenstown over the Southern Alps.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up from select Queenstown based accommodations
- Knowledgable and friendly local driver/guides
- 2-Hour nature cruise on Milford Sound
- A breathtaking fixed-wing scenic flight from Milford Sound to Queenstown
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Mitre Peak Cruises
- Entry/Admission - Milford Sound Scenic Flights
What's excluded :
- Additional Snacks (we provide lunch, but it is a long day)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
Lake Wakatipu is an inland lake in the South Island of New Zealand. It is in the southwest corner of the Otago region, near its boundary with Southland. Lake Wakatipu comes from the original Māori word Whakatipu wai-māori
Stop At: Lake Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Lake Te Anau is in the southwestern corner of the South Island of New Zealand. The lake covers an area of 344 km², making it the second-largest lake by surface area in New Zealand and the largest in the South Island. It is the largest lake in Australasia by fresh water volume.
Stop At: Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Fiordland National Park Visitor Centre, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Upon entering the Fiordland National Park, the largest National Park in NZ, travel up alongside the Eglington River to three mountain lakes at the head of the Eglington Valley. During this part of the journey, you will make the first of our many sightseeing stops, including, Mirror Lakes, Knobs Flat, Lake Gunn and Pop's View, plus some of our guide other favourites. which also allow for some great photo opportunities. With some fantastic walks in the area, this is a great opportunity to experience the beautiful alpine forest up close.
Head towards the Homer Tunnel, taking in some incredible mountain views while driving alongside the crystal clear waters of the Hollyford river. Once through the Homer Tunnel, you'll wind the way down the Cleddau Valley.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Eglinton Valley, Milford Sound New Zealand
Within the Eglinton Valley you’ll also find the famous Mirror Lakes and Knobs Flat.
Stop At: Mirror Lakes Walk, Milford Road,, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Enjoy a beautiful short nature walk and view the famous Mirror Lakes
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Homer Tunnel, 94 S.h., Milford Sound New Zealand
The Homer Tunnel is a 1.2 km long road tunnel in the Fiordland region of the South Island of New Zealand, opened in 1953. New Zealand State Highway 94 passes through the tunnel, linking Milford Sound to Te Anau and Queenstown, by piercing the Darran Mountain range at the Homer Saddle
Stop At: Mitre Peak Cruises, Visitor Centre 1 Milford Sound Highway, 94, Milford Sound 9679, New Zealand
We will arrive in Milford Sound and here you will join a 2-hour small boat nature cruise visiting all of the many sights through the fjord.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Milford Sound Scenic Flights, 39 Lucas Place, Frankton, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Finish your day with a stunning 40 minute scenic flight on a fixed wing plane. You will travel over the mountains, arriving back in Queenstown at approx 5pm
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Queenstown, Queenstown, Otago Region, South Island
Arrive back in Queenstown and be transferred back to your meeting point by the flight company
Departure Point :The Station - Home of Adventure in Queenstown, Corner of Shotover & Camp Streets, 25 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New ZealandTraveler pickup is offeredAdditional Pickups:- Fernhill Hotels (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick-up location and time)- Rydges Bus Stop, Lake Esplanade (For Rydges Resort, QT Queenstown, and Peppers Beacon)- Queenstown Hotels (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time)- Central Queenstown (Please meet the us outside the Station Building, crn Shotover & Camp st)- Upper Stanley Street Bus Stop, Stanley St (For Heartland Hotel, Blue Peaks, Caples Court, Four Seasons, Holiday Inn and Scenic suites)- Millennium Hotel Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Millennium Hotel, Melbourne Lodge, Hurley's, Autoline Motel)- Pounamu Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Swiss Belsuites, Colonial Village, Villa del Lago, Oaks Club)- Hensman Rd / Oaks Shores Bus Stop (For The Rees, Oaks Shores, Andrews Rd, and Hensman Rd)- Sherwood Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Sherwood, Holiday Inn, Goldfield Heights)- Battery Hill Bus Stop, Frankton Rd- Perkins Rd Bus Stop, Frankton Rd- Marina Drive Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Mantra Marina)- Frankton Bus Shelter, Cnr of Gray Street & Kawarau RdIf your accommodation is not listed, please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick-up location and time.Please be at the pickup location 10 minutes prior to your departure time. Our guide will wait up to 5 minutes after your departure time. Any late arrivals who miss the tour will not be entitled to a refund.
Departure Time :07:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Please bring walking shoes, warm clothes and a rain jacket.
- Minimum numbers of 6 apply (for the van from Queenstown to Milford Sound). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The flight back is weather dependant and in the case where flights are cancelled due to weather, you will return to Queenstown by van and be refunded your flight portion of your ticket.
- A packed picnic lunch is included and you have a choice between chicken, beef and vegetarian. You have until 5pm the day prior to confirm your choice. The default lunch selection is chicken.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.