Monarch Wildlife Cruise
Hop aboard our sturdy vessel for a one hour Wildlife Cruise.
You'll travel out through the Otago Harbour to the world's only mainland colony of royal albatross. Have your camera ready as these huge birds soar in from sea, flying past a historic lighthouse as they return to their hillside nests. The skipper will expertly maneuver the boat close to rocky outcrops for great views of the local fur seal population. A short way out to sea and you'll see other albatross and seabird species. Our cruises also frequently spot blue penguins, sea lions and occasionally dolphins!
The crew will provide a full commentary during your cruise about the local history, scenery and wildlife spotted along the way.
Don't be put off by cool & windy weather. These are often the best conditions for wildlife viewing. Especially when it comes to albatross, they love a brisk southerly wind. Binoculars and warm jackets are provided during your cruise.
per adult from
What's included :
- Complimentary warm & waterproof jackets
- Use of high quality binoculars
- Complimentary wifi
- Entry/Admission - Monarch Wildlife Cruises - Wellers Rock Wharf
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Taiaroa Head, Harington Point 9077, New Zealand
At the end of the Otago Harbour you'll find a beautiful historic lighthouse and the world's only mainland nesting colony of royal albatross. It's also home to other Southern Ocean wildlife like fur seals, sea lions, cormorants & more!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Monarch Wildlife Cruises - Wellers Rock Wharf, 813 Harington Point Road, Otakou 9077, New Zealand
One hour Wildlife Cruises departing daily from Wellers Rock Wharf.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :813 Harington Point Road, Otakou 9077, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Contact us if you are concerned about mobility or in a wheelchair
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.