Māori Cultural Voyaging Storytelling Experience
We are a unique replica of a Traditional Māori Waka - Double Hull Canoe. Sharing products such as sailing & cultural storytelling no one else has to offer in our beautiful region, which is the First City To See The Light across the whole world. Speaking to and demonstrating the skills of our Māori Ancestors, like Celestial Navigation, (using the Sun, Moon, Stars, Wind, etc no instruments to navigate). Show casing our historical stories combined with traditional instruments that were used to engineer Waka etc. As well as show casing land sightings significant to meetings such as Lt James Cooks first encounter on New Zealand Shores in our Bay.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Traditional Māori Tools, Carvings, etc
What's excluded :
Guests will have a traditional cultural Māori welcoming on board our Waka - Canoe. Enjoy our story telling of our Māori, Polynesian & European History about our region on board, in port.
• Gisborne Wine Centre, Shed 3 50 Esplanade, Gisborne 4010 New Zealand
Departure Point :50 Esplanade, Inner Kaiti, Gisborne 4010, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.