Motuara Island Bird Sanctuary and Ship Cove Cruise from Picton
Cruise from Picton Harbour to Motuara Island and beyond to see rare native birds and other wildlife on this 4.5-hour boat excursion. Spend time exploring Motuara Island Bird Sanctuary and Ship Cove, learn from your expert captain about wildlife and cultural history, and take in the gorgeous scenery of Queen Charlotte Sound. Look for endangered native birds including the South Island saddleback, king shag, little blue penguin and kiwi as well as seals and rare dolphins.
Please note that this tour departs sharply on schedule at 8:00am
Available to purchase for $6 in the office before you depart are Beachcomber Cruises keep cups, we no longer use single use cups on board our vessels due the huge environmental impact. Upon purchase of a Beachcomber Cruises keep cup guests can enjoy tea and coffee onboard for the duration of the tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Restroom on board
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Beachcomber Cruises keep cups for $6 in the office before you depart
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Queen Charlotte Sound, Queen Charlotte Walk, Picton New Zealand
Cruise through the tranquil waterways of the Queen Charlotte Sound, see wildlife and native flora and fauna along the way
Departure Point :1 London Quay, Picton 7220, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Guests are welcome to bring their own food and drinks to consume on board
- Closed-toe walking shoes suitable for walking are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- We are not able to pick up / drop off at the Cruise Ship Terminal - you must make your way to our booking office
- Please note that this tour departs sharply on schedule at 8:00am
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with mobility constraints
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 70 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Beachcomber Cruises follows the current guidelines given by Tourism New Zealand and the New Zealand Government. Please call our office if you have any questions around the current requirements.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.