Mount Cook Lake Tekapo & Tasman Glacier (small Group Tour Including Lunch)
Travel in a small group from Christchurch, on a day trip to Aoraki Mount Cook – the tallest mountain in New Zealand. Visit the picturesque Church of Good Shepherd on the shores of Lake Tekapo and admire stunning alpine views from turquoise colored Lake Pukaki. Savor a scrumptious buffet lunch at the Hermitage Hotel and enjoy a scenic walk in Mt. Cook National Park to see the Tasman Glacier. Visit the Alpine Lavender farm in a pristine environment of crystal clear skies; snow capped mountains, and turquoise colored lakes of glacial melt.
per adult from
12 to 13 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Approximately 2 hrs of free time in Mount Cook National park.
- Bottled water.
- Buffet Lunch at The Hermitage Hotel in Mount Cook.
- Complimentary light refreshments.
- National Park fees.
- Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel / apartment in Christchurch included.
- Professional Guide.
- Small group day tour (up to 11 people)
- Transport by air-conditioned late model Mercedes Benz Minivan.
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Experience dramatic glacier lakes & mighty Southern Alps on a small group day trip to Mount Cook National Park from Christchurch.
After pick-up from your accommodation, take a scenic journey through spectacular & breathtaking landscapes. Visit the iconic Church of Good Shepherd at the shores of turquoise colored Lake Tekapo. Stop over near the beautiful Lupin fields during the months from Nov-Jan. Then drive to Lake Pukaki & admire the stunning views of Mount Cook from a distance.
Arrive in Mount Cook Village, to savor a scrumptious buffet lunch at The Hermitage Hotel. Enjoy a short scenic hike in the National Park to view the 23.5kms long Tasman Glacier which the longest glacier in New Zealand. On your return journey, visit the Alpine Lavender Farm & capture some beautiful moments in the pristine environment.
• Visit Aoraki Mount Cook, the tallest peak in New Zealand at a height of 3724m on a small group day trip from Christchurch.
• Visit the iconic Church of Good Shepherd at the shores of Lake Tekapo – The most photographed church in New Zealand.
• Capture some beautiful moments during a stop at Lupin fields (Nov-Jan) in Mackenzie region.
• Admire the turquoise colored Lake Pukaki amidst the Southern Alps – The largest lake in the Mackenzie region.
• Savor a scrumptious buffet lunch at The Hermitage Hotel.
• Enjoy a hike in Mt. Cook National Park to view Tasman Glacier – The longest glacier in New Zealand with a length of 23.5kms.
• Take a stroll in the Alpine Lavender Farm (Dec-Mar) in an untouched environment before making your return journey to Christchurch.
Departure Point :Christchurch, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Centrally located Christchurch hotels, motels, apartments and airport.Airports
- Christchurch International Airport, 30 Durey Road, Harewood, Christchurch 8053, New Zealand
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A small amount of walking is involved so wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Approximately 2 hrs of free time in Mount Cook to savor lunch, enjoy a scenic walk in the National Park to see Tasman Glacier.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- This is a small group day tour (up to 11 people)
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.